• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commuting to Berlin from Uk"

Collapse

• NetworkNinja
    replied
    Thanks for your help. Both East Midlands and Luton are options I'd considered, the flights from EMA are just at funny times and Luton would be a 90 minute drive. Guess you can't have everything

I think I may speak to clientco and find out if they could be flexible on home working 1 day a week.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    what about east midlands, ryanair fly to berlin schoenefeld, plenty cheapness

flights

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NetworkNinja View Post
    I'm just south of Birmingham.

BHX would be the obvious choice but there doesn't appear to be any direct flights.
    How far is LTN from you. Sleasyjet fly Luton to Berlin.

I did a quick search and it comes back at £108 flying out on 3rd and returning on the 8th Jan.

Leave a comment:

• NetworkNinja
    replied
    I'm just south of Birmingham.

BHX would be the obvious choice but there doesn't appear to be any direct flights.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop of a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
    Plenty still do that, especially around the Stuttgarter Platz.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    you dont say where your flying from other than its approx 100+miles to heathrow, where are your nearest airports and what is it you'd like to know?

air berlin has great hostesses if that's any help
    german wings has a tasty BLT sandwich with semi-passable bacon
    lufthansa gives you a crappy sandwich but you mainly park connected to the terminal so saves 15 mins of the bus tour around the airport

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
    That's a long way to go for a dump (or indeed, a pot noodle).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop of a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
    With a bowl of spaghetti on his lap?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NetworkNinja
    started a topic Commuting to Berlin from Uk

Commuting to Berlin from Uk

Anyone had to do it? Any advice?

Looking at the airport schedules it's looking pretty dismal. Either leaving on a Sunday afternoon or driving 100+ miles to Heathrow first

Cheers,

NN

Working...
X