• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Orange iPhone - what would you do?"

Collapse

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    buy a htc - the iPhone is Tulipe - unless you "put style before function"

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Move to O2, Orange are tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    (a) Send it back, get out of the contract, and revert to my old Nokia. Then, (i) Flip networks to O2, get their iPhone (ii) Wait until Orange and T-Mobile merge and try again
    On what grounds are you returning the phone? if you knew that the signal wasn't too hot, then doesn't sound like you have much chance of getting a return.

(b) Put the iPhone on call-divert to my landline, and wait it out in hope that the Orange-TM merger happens sooner rather than later. Then (i) rejoice in the superb combined coverage, or, (ii) lament that things aren't improved and my 28-day return window is long gone.
    Not too sure that the coverage will change if they merge - chances are that the coverage will stay the same until they can get out of their rental agreements for the dishes, which may be a while.

(c) Stick the SIM back in my old Nokia when at home, and put it in the iPhone when out-and-about or trying to impress folks with my ability to Google useless bits of info at the pub / cheat at the quiz (using WiFi). Then options as per (b) after the merger.
    Yes
    [/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    If you know Orange has tulip coverage why did you stay? It's extremely easy to switch networks and keep the same number.
    I stayed with Orange because I figured that if reception had been as good as my old Nokia, it would have been fine. Then would have been (hopefully) better after the merger with TM.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I switched from Orange to O2 and have never looked back, the coverage is fantastic in comparison.
    I think that's the answer for me too!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    If you know Orange has tulip coverage why did you stay? It's extremely easy to switch networks and keep the same number.

I switched from Orange to O2 and have never looked back, the coverage is fantastic in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    iPhone is not that hot. Don't be a sheep - get an Android or Windows one. Unless you are a complete mac addict I really don't see the point. I was half interested until realised you can't even hold a separate battery for them as they are enclosed units. Bag o' tulipe.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Just use it as intended - to stroke and show people whilst subliminally telling them you have a small willy!
    LOL, iPhone bores, don't you just love 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I haven't taken up the option yet of changing to an iPhone, was just waiting for a post such as this. I'll wait a bit longer I think.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Just use it as intended - to stroke and show people whilst subliminally telling them you have a small willy!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    unlock it and put a vodafone sim in it...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    started a topic Orange iPhone - what would you do?

Orange iPhone - what would you do?

So I finally took the plunge and got an Orange iPhone, being an existing Orange customer I guess I took the easy option rather than change networks.

Now my Orange signal here at home office has never been marvellous, but with the iPhone it's practically vanished to nothing, rendering it useless for making phone calls, text messages, etc. O2 and T-M are the best networks for normal phone coverage round these 'ere parts. My old Nokia used to work ok, well enough to be adequately usable.

Away from home, I'm sure it'll be fine what with Orange's fantastic network

Before NorthernLad admonishes me for asking a total bunch of strangers to make this decision for me, would you,

(a) Send it back, get out of the contract, and revert to my old Nokia. Then,
    (i) Flip networks to O2, get their iPhone
    (ii) Wait until Orange and T-Mobile merge and try again

(b) Put the iPhone on call-divert to my landline, and wait it out in hope that the Orange-TM merger happens sooner rather than later. Then
    (i) rejoice in the superb combined coverage, or,
    (ii) lament that things aren't improved and my 28-day return window is long gone.

(c) Stick the SIM back in my old Nokia when at home, and put it in the iPhone when out-and-about or trying to impress folks with my ability to Google useless bits of info at the pub / cheat at the quiz (using WiFi). Then options as per (b) after the merger.

(d) Your own suggestion

I can't decide! Well, I suppose I can, but I could use some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing!

Working...
X