• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years support callout chargeable money fair ?"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    I had to go in a couple of years ago at midnight on the 27th of December, I had had a bottle of wine and, 8 stellas and a few whiskys, Absolutely Steam boats. It took me 8 hours to fix the problem and I never answered another call from that office out of hours.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    My Y2K "bonus" was £150 for going in, eating (free) breakfast, drinking a glass of champagne and then going home.
    Old friend of mine was paid £1.5K that night not to get too drunk and keep his phone switched on. We were both pretty wasted by about 9:30

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    My Y2K "bonus" was £150 for going in, eating (free) breakfast, drinking a glass of champagne and then going home.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Don't they get £210 just for being on call, then £x (per 15 mins / hour / half day) if they are called out?

Leave a comment:

• Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years support callout chargeable money fair ?

A list was handed out to us for extra monies permies would get for being on call practically all day for system support, for each ENTIRE day the amount is roughly £210 with hours being typically 8am-10pm.

I don't think that this is a fair amount, a permie could be called and could be there 5 hours+ trying to fix a problem with little help.

I remember 10 years ago with the Y2K bug people were being bribed £1K+ to be there over the new year.

I just think our IT industry is in decline big time in terms of earning potential and respectability.

Also lets just say that this is a financial organisation with a massive trade floor.

What do you think ?

Working...
X