• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LSE trading suspended"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    If it's one of those plastic ones, you can just slice it down the side, clip it over and cover up with electricians tape. No one'll notice.
    That doesn't work when you are hiring your tape recorder out.

As I found out - the cleanest soldering job I'd ever done, and I had to undo it and start again

Mind you the life time's award for patience must go to that hardware engineer who painstakingly wired up a patch panel. With over a thousand soldered connections, he did nights to get it out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    flip.

Thanks for reminding me now
    If it's one of those plastic ones, you can just slice it down the side, clip it over and cover up with electricians tape. No one'll notice.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    DIN plug?

Did you remember to slip the plastic cover onto the wire before doing all the soldering?
    I hope he used colour coded or idented wire!

Bain of my life at Ferranti, that! Red wires, hundreds of 'em, all with a little number and enough service length to enable 3 repairs...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's an unterminated reflection on that bit of wire I pulled out.

Sorry everyone.

Just wait a bit while I solder this DIN plug back on & everything will be fine.

Honest.
    DIN plug?

Did you remember to slip the plastic cover onto the wire before doing all the soldering?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Is there an echo in here or summat?
    Ah, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Is there an echo in here or summat?
    Ah, sorry.