• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baking Inexperience"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I do my own baking, mainly different kinds of breads, and the occasional cake.
    That's because you is a fat ugly fecker wot can't get a tart to bake for you.

Spod - In "HTH" mode...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I do my own baking, mainly different kinds of breads, and the occasional cake.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    You knead me....

I bake all my own bread too. It's not hard, once you get the hang of it and you don't need a breadmaker either. What's more its much cheaper than shop bought. A kilo of wholemeal flour only costs about 89p and you can make 4 loaves from it.

HMB tastes so much better than supermarket tat although you do have to eat it pronto because it starts to go stale after 24 hours or so. Even so, you don't need to chuck it away the second day or so. To freshen it up again, just bung a slice in the microwave for a few seconds. It comes out all squishy, fresh and warm again. For any remaining bread that really can't be redeemed even in the microwave because it's now 3-4 days old and feels like cardboard, just slice it thin and toast it. Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Doubt that there are many bakers in our midst. Waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread is so joyful. Sadly I do not bake.
    No, but it does appear that you've got the art of being a ****** down to a tee.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    And I'm just the vet for doing that...

I make my own bread - very simple, absolutely lovely. And who wants to eat supermarket "fresh" bread with a healthy spray of fungicide on it to make it last longer.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    I think she's bracing herself for something
    another milking

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    the jugs on that

I think she's bracing herself for something

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    Ahhh, the joys of a simple life, making some bread, fetching the milk...

the jugs on that

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    And that reminds me.

What makes a bull sweat?
    A tight jersey..........

Leave a comment:

• Tex
    replied
    Dagnabit, I can't reload ma six-shooter quickly enough in this town.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Ahhh, the joys of a simple life, making some bread, fetching the milk...

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    I like kneeding a couple of baps every morning.

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    I do all my own baking. Lovely, fresh bread with no unpleasant additives. That supermarket bread is all full of trans-fats and salt. Bleurgh.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    started a topic Baking Inexperience

Baking Inexperience

Doubt that there are many bakers in our midst. Waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread is so joyful. Sadly I do not bake.

Working...
X