• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Contract

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Contract"

Collapse

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I have seen Norwich Union advertising for Project Managers for 3 or 4 years now, seemingly continuously. Why do they need to keep recruiting?
    I've seen the highest ratio of permies to contractors at NU. The main reason is that they regularly lay off permies by the thousands and then taken on contractors to replace them. Then a few months later they realise that they have too many contractors. Then they have a contractor cull. Then they quite often call back the same contractors because now they have a skills shortage.

Surprise surprise they start the cycle once more.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I have seen Norwich Union advertising for Project Managers for 3 or 4 years now, seemingly continuously. Why do they need to keep recruiting?

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    busy sitting on the porch having banjo playing contests with you sophisticated city types.
    Oh. I see!

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I'm not sure anyone needs a passport any more to get into England.

Just try to sound less yokel and more foreign. ('Cos that way we'll understand what you're saying)
    The problem is getting the time to practice my non-yokel accent - too busy sitting on the porch having banjo playing contests with you sophisticated city types.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Do you think I need a passport to leave Norfolk?
    I'm not sure anyone needs a passport any more to get into England.

Just try to sound less yokel and more foreign. ('Cos that way we'll understand what you're saying)

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Do you think I need a passport to leave Norfolk? I'm sure the webbed fingers will come in handy during the rainy season.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Do you think I need a passport to leave Norfolk? I'm sure the extra fingers will come in handy during the rainy season.
    FTFY!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Do you think I need a passport to leave Norfolk? I'm sure the webbed fingers will come in handy during the rainy season.

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Norwich is a one horse town (Aviva) and everything has been outsourced to Hp and so not much contract work.

DAMN, I broke my resolution to find some real work.
    Loadsa work in London.

Also, the streets are paved with gold.

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    How is the market in Norwich?
    Norwich is a one horse town (Aviva) and everything has been outsourced to Hp and so not much contract work.

DAMN, I broke my resolution to find some real work.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I think I'm spending more time on this forum than looking for a new contract. Here's my early new year resolution - FIND A JOB.
    How is the market in Norwich?

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    started a topic New Contract

New Contract

I think I'm spending more time on this forum than looking for a new contract. Here's my early new year resolution - FIND A JOB.

Working...
X