• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "India tells West to stop eating beef"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by sonu View Post
    That's a funny way of describing colonialism.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by sonu View Post
    I prefer "civilising the savages "

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Yeah, full of Scottish, Welsh and Irish, wait...
    ... Stop right there.

It's one thing to have light hearted poke at Britain's indigenous population (even if they choose to live in England rather than their own bit) but you're not allowed to suggest England is creaking at the seems because of... foriegners.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Of course, England is the overcrowded bit.
    Yeah, full of Scottish, Welsh and Irish, wait...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    So Scottish, Welsh and Irish can live anywhere in Britain then
    Of course, England is the overcrowded bit.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I'd agree if it were an English army but the clue is in he word 'British'.
    So Scottish, Welsh and Irish can live anywhere in Britain then

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Soon as the British Army stops using Scottish, Welsh and Irish soldiers.
    I'd agree if it were an English army but the clue is in he word 'British'.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Careful, they'll throw in broon as well and we'll be even more fcked.

Leave a comment:

• Arun V
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    We have to be careful when say 'Indians want the West to stop eating beef'. The problem is that the Indians will have to persuade their own people first.

Recently the Indian government tried to introduce a law preventing the sale of beef (because its a holy animal most Indians dont eat it) but there was uproar from the Southern states, especially Kerala and Tamil Nadu, because even Hindus there eat beef and also make a lot of money exporting beef to other countries.

Once you eat Chilli Beef there's no going back to vegetarianism.

BTW, dont believe what you may have seen on QI - the cow IS a holy animal in India.
    OOOH...I like the sound of Chilli Beef.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    If only the Scots, Welsh and Irish would return to their respective parts of the British Isles we'd have enough room.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    England is more densely populated than India.
    If only the Scots, Welsh and Irish would return to their respective parts of the British Isles we'd have enough room.

Leave a comment:

• sonu
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    c) My point was that Britain's presence in India was stabilising and not 200 years of destruction.

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    We have to be careful when say 'Indians want the West to stop eating beef'. The problem is that the Indians will have to persuade their own people first.

Recently the Indian government tried to introduce a law preventing the sale of beef (because its a holy animal most Indians dont eat it) but there was uproar from the Southern states, especially Kerala and Tamil Nadu, because even Hindus there eat beef and also make a lot of money exporting beef to other countries.

Once you eat Chilli Beef there's no going back to vegetarianism.

BTW, dont believe what you may have seen on QI - the cow IS a holy animal in India.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The Indians want the west to desist. Not just the British.

They are talking about a way of life, not trying to get back at us for taxing their salt.

We must defend ourselves against this, we cant have other countries coming over here telling us how to live our lives

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    We were hardly averse to a bit of civil war ourselves, so to somehow assume we're culturally superior on this basis is a wee bit off.
    a) you are reading "culturally superiority" into what I posted when it is not what I said nor what I meant.

b) I don't think Britain can be described as in a state of perpetual civil war.

c) My point was that Britain's presence in India was stabilising and not 200 years of destruction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X