• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Why???

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why???"

Collapse

• Loco
    replied
    Same here. I got home at 5 tired out, slept for 2 hours, and here I am wide awake at 3am!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    And the same this week

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I saw that; brilliant it was too, and Mrs Tester went off to bed. Why don't women find this stuff interesting?
    *cough*
    I watched it with Mr P too and did find it very interesting - we're not all obsessed with shoes!

- some of us are obsessed with bags

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    The theory of using nukes to power space craft is an old science fiction thing, but can't for the life of me remember the author. Missed the programme though, what channel was it on?
    According to wikipedia it was Stanislaw Ulam from the manhatten project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...ear_propulsion)

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    <WoWGeekMode=True>
    I flew to Argent Tournament from Dalaran on the bird, next minute woke up at 03:30am and was a ghost in Westfall. New ticket please.
    </WoWGeekMode=True>
    <WoWGeekMode=True>

</WoWGeekMode=True>

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    A couple of nights ago Mrs Parr went to bed and I started watching an interesting program about the septics trying to lunch a space vehicle by detonating nuclear bombs underneath it every two seconds. But I fell asleep in the middle of it and woke up shortly after it had finished at about 11.30ish. I went to bed feeling tired but couldn't sleep until about 2.30am

This happens quite often. I feel really tired before I go to bed but can't sleep once I'm in bed.
    The theory of using nukes to power space craft is an old science fiction thing, but can't for the life of me remember the author. Missed the programme though, what channel was it on?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    I started watching an interesting program about the septics trying to lunch a space vehicle by detonating nuclear bombs underneath it every two seconds.
    I saw that; brilliant it was too, and Mrs Tester went off to bed. Why don't women find this stuff interesting?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    <WoWGeekMode=True>
    I flew to Argent Tournament from Dalaran on the bird, next minute woke up at 03:30am and was a ghost in Westfall. New ticket please.
    </WoWGeekMode=True>

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    not just me then

i saw the link, it was a picture, not a video and it wasnn't exactly stimulating

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    2 hours ago I could barely keep my eyes open, now I'm wide awake!
    And no, I've not been drinking coffee
    A couple of nights ago Mrs Parr went to bed and I started watching an interesting program about the septics trying to lunch a space vehicle by detonating nuclear bombs underneath it every two seconds. But I fell asleep in the middle of it and woke up shortly after it had finished at about 11.30ish. I went to bed feeling tired but couldn't sleep until about 2.30am

This happens quite often. I feel really tired before I go to bed but can't sleep once I'm in bed.
    Last edited by George Parr; 19 November 2009, 14:56.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I'm like that. I just need a quick forty winks (no, not that kind) between 9:30 and 10:00 and then I'm awake for hours.

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    You must have been one of the few who got to see THE GENERALISTS video linky, sounds like that woke a few people up...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Why???

Why???

Working...
X