• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Arsenal - Henry is a cheating bounder"

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    It would look a lot better if the FAI came out with a statement along the lines of "we took the £5m knowing that a court case would be prolonged past the World Cup anyway, and we used the money to pay down the financing on x and y to reduce the financial burden during the recession" or some such twaddle, but everything that touches FIFA seems to be a bung these days so I wouldn't be surprised if it paid for an executive's gaff in Dalkey.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    I dont understand if the Irish FA thought they had a good legal case surely the world cup chance is worth more than a £5m "loan"
    Hard to know, maybe with the costs of the trip to get knocked out early and the likely costs of the legal action they saw a quick 5m Euro's as a fair win or at least a draw.

Of course it could just be someone having arranged a blatant bung and that 5m isn't the whole story.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    I dont understand if the Irish FA thought they had a good legal case surely the world cup chance is worth more than a £5m "loan"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Aviva Stadium
    Home
    Completed the same year that the handball incident happened and is only 50% owned by the FAI, the other by the IRFU. Still something dodgy there...

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Aviva Stadium
    Home
    Which was finished and opened by 2010.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    So FIFA gave FIA money "for a stadium", and then wrote it off when Ireland failed to qualify. But there's still no stadium in Ireland, so where's the money gone? NAMA?
    Aviva Stadium
    Home

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    So FIFA gave FIA money "for a stadium", and then wrote it off when Ireland failed to qualify. But there's still no stadium in Ireland, so where's the money gone? NAMA?
    I wish it had gone in my pocket....

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Vindicated: Fifa paid FAI after Thierry Henry handball, admits John Delaney: https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/sta...78128945332225

Fifa paid FAI after Thierry Henry handball, admits John Delaney

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    This thread is full of venom and prejudice. So, to find out what Mr Henry is really like, I suggest you consult the relevant Wikipedia page

I can't believe that is still up there, aren't there usually reviewers for accuracies of edits or someat ?

Ah just spotted it isn't the current edit of the page...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Oh how petty.

Anyway, do the French GAF about what other people think of them? No of course they don't. They will be in South Africa next year for the World Cup Finals and everyone will have forgotten the hand of Henry, apart from the Irish who will be crying in their stout.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    This thread is full of venom and prejudice. So, to find out what Mr Henry is really like, I suggest you consult the relevant Wikipedia page
    It reads like HAB on twitter

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    If Olympic gold medals can be withdrawn on evidence of cheating, then why can't a football match be either awarded to the 'runners up' or at very least replayed?

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    That counts does it?
    Yes. It counts because Arsenal 'reserve' players get plenty of first team action in the Carling Cup, and also other competitions since our main squad is quite small. And an Arsenal player on loan is still an Arsenal player.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X