• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "what are you getting your significant other this xmas?"

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    I've actually aldready bought her what she wanted but will get her something small also.

She wanted, believe it not, a tumble drier with an iron aid setting - which injects steam back into the cycle whilst drying. So she had it about a month ago and it makes ironing so much easier - she says it is one the best things she has ever had.

So there you go - only one step up from getting her an iron.
    Ahh, that looks so good. Just need a heat pump version now and I'm sold.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    A Decree Absolute and a fliping new house.
    To be fair weren't you the chap with a Russian Bride? Best to mark that one as a lesson learned.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Idiot.
    miserable ****!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You say that every year!
    And every year it barely makes it past breakfast without a row

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    baby number 1 due in mid Jan, so we're getting each other baby equipment for xmas!

apparently it needs a lot of stuff!
    Congratulations, and yep it does indeed add up.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I've actually aldready bought her what she wanted but will get her something small also.

She wanted, believe it not, a tumble drier with an iron aid setting - which injects steam back into the cycle whilst drying. So she had it about a month ago and it makes ironing so much easier - she says it is one the best things she has ever had.

So there you go - only one step up from getting her an iron.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I agree.

Unfortunately, I have two brothers who both have two kids each. So, every Christmas, each brother buy presents for each other's kids (which balances out nicely), and I buy presents for four kids (one nephew and three nieces), but get nothing in return (as I have no kids).

Seems like I'm getting gipped......
    "unfortunately"

what a tight ****!

it's about giving, not receiving.

Or you could tell them you are now muslim and don't celebrate Xmas!

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    baby number 1 due in mid Jan, so we're getting each other baby equipment for xmas!

apparently it needs a lot of stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    What about having a look on eBay?
    Thanks Zippy, except half the stuff gets auctioned up to practically new prices !

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    My brothers' kids are spoiled. They get way too much stuff at Christmas (and birthdays).

When I was young, I was accustomed to receiving an assortment of nuts, tangerines, and satsumas from various relatives. My parents gave us each a bit of money and something practical, like a pair of socks or gloves, or something similar. They would also buy a single board game for all us kids to share.
    We only buy the girls a couple of small presents for birthday and Christmas - the rest is what grandparents and aunts (and to a MUCH lesser extent, my brother) are for

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Nuts - luxury. You must be from the landed gentry.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I need to get some kids! My sis has 4 of them and insists I don't buy them anything as "they get loads of stuff". I usually give the older ones a few quid so they can go out with their mates and give sis some dosh for the little ones to put in their savings.
    Little do they know they'll be looking after me in my old age

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I agree.

Unfortunately, I have two brothers who both have two kids each. So, every Christmas, each brother buy presents for each other's kids (which balances out nicely), and I buy presents for four kids (one nephew and three nieces), but get nothing in return (as I have no kids).

Seems like I'm getting gipped......
    You sound like my brother, who complains because I have two children, my sister has 1, and he has 0 (and I refuse to buy a present for their dog).

Christmas is a time for families, not presents. I'd rather I saw my brother at Christmas than got something as a gift, however that's not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Less food than last year.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    If it makes it past tea time without a row I'll be astounded
    You say that every year!

The thing I enjoy most about Christmas is reading NickFitz posts about what a nightmare his family are and what is happening in Coronation Street.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X