• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Doomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doomed!"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    So bored of all this all the theories have been proved, then disproved, then proved again then disproved.......... oh you get the point

So to look at it another way - is the planet here for the benefit of humans or are humans here for the beneif tof the planet.

If the human race is to escape extinction by the large asteriod for example we need to get off this planet and colonise others.

In order to colonise other planets it may well mean we use all of the resources of this planet and possibly leave it uninhabitable (all though I doubt that humans could ever do that completely)

So to continue my logical argument it would seem that the greenies who want us to go back to living in caves and await the cataclysmic extinction event from the sky are actually dooming the human race to extinction and therefore should be ignored - nay actively routed out and burned at the stake.

So there you have it
    Drink Beer
    Smoke Tabs
    Shg Birds
    Drive Big Cars
    Eat dead animals

It will save the human race.

Or something.....

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Bit fick I is but...

Antartica temps
    Antarctic temperatures between ice ages '6C warmer than today'
    Temperatures in Antarctica during warm periods between ice ages soared to up to 6C warmer than the present day, a study has shown.
    so no fossil fuels were been burnt by us 'umans between the ice ages
    & Greenland was actually as its name suggests 'green' when the Vikings colonised in 10 century BC

where's the problem if we are actually in a repeat inter ice-age period?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    "The global trends we are on with CO2 emissions from fossil fuels suggest that we're heading towards 6C of global warming," said Professor Corinne Le Quere of the University of East Anglia, who led the study
    She was on Radio 4 yesterday afternoon to explain herself
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nw3rq

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Practising his hand-wringing?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Where was Gordon when all this was happening?
    Practising his hand-writing?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Look, he can't save the world from everything. He's just an ordinary superhero, not God.

Give the man a break (fractured skull might be more appropriate)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I've changed my mind about global warming there's a deer species that can't cope with climate change and has been wiped out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth...00/8362203.stm

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I've changed my mind about global warming there's a deer species that can't cope with climate change and has been wiped out

the deer couldn't cope with climate change.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth...00/8362203.stm

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am not going to fall for that one.
    My happiness is determined by how many nice holidays I have, and how much of this dreary weather I can avoid.
    In other words, it is a great big thermo-nuclear object in the sky that has by far the major influence, not the pitiful causes that we find in your model.

hang on a minute......

S.A.D.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Don't know - why don't you experiment.
    Keep a diary and post it on here - I'm sure everyone will read it avidly.

I am not going to fall for that one.
    My happiness is determined by how many nice holidays I have, and how much of this dreary weather I can avoid.
    In other words, it is a great big thermo-nuclear object in the sky that has by far the major influence, not the pitiful causes that we find in your model.

hang on a minute......

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    stop it.
    i demand that you stop it.

what about someone who is a non-smoker and who drinks a lot, but then has one pint less, say on a wednesday.
    does that tip them over to being Happy-neutral on monday and tuesday, then a little bit happy on wednesday ?

Don't know - why don't you experiment.
    Keep a diary and post it on here - I'm sure everyone will read it avidly.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Yes, clearly.

stop it.
    i demand that you stop it.

what about someone who is a non-smoker and who drinks a lot, but then has one pint less, say on a wednesday.
    does that tip them over to being Happy-neutral on monday and tuesday, then a little bit happy on wednesday ?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    what about a non-smoker who drinks ?

do they sort of cancel out ?

Yes, clearly.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Drinking and smoking make you happy?