• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "media having a go at the jews again"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Nail 'em up I say!
    at least it gets you out in the open air.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Crucifixion is a doddle.
    Nail 'em up I say!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Crucifixion was the standard capital punishment for non-Roman citizens, unless they needed some felons to fight to the death in the arena. (Roman citizens convicted of a capital crime were beheaded.)
    Crucifixion is a doddle.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Bible apart, my opinion is that the Romans were responsible. My reasoning is that the Romans reserved crucifixion for crimes against the state. Jesus was a threat to the Roman occupation and the Jewish population were looking for a leader to drive out the Romans. Unfortunately JC was upsetting both sides by preaching peace.

PS: Gentle Jesus meek and mild does not go with his life style of enjoying life, eating and drinking well.
    Crucifixion was the standard capital punishment for non-Roman citizens, unless they needed some felons to fight to the death in the arena. (Roman citizens convicted of a capital crime were beheaded or, if in Rome, thrown off a cliff called the Tarpeian Rock.)

Leave a comment:

• EC4N
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Their are rich and powerful people in this world. Get used to it!
    Isn't Michael Winner jewish?

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Maybe , but be fair, his carbon footprint was good and he never complained about Easter moving around from year to year

Good point.

Your average Christian, in observence with his Christian duties has a far smaller carbon footprint than Muslims who have to fly to Mecca at least once in their lives.

Why hasn't the BNP picked up on this, and tried to skim off some of the green vote?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Bible apart, my opinion is that the Romans were responsible. My reasoning is that the Romans reserved crucifixion for crimes against the state. Jesus was a threat to the Roman occupation and the Jewish population were looking for a leader to drive out the Romans. Unfortunately JC was upsetting both sides by preaching peace.

PS: Gentle Jesus meek and mild does not go with his life style of enjoying life, eating and drinking well.
    Maybe , but be fair, his carbon footprint was good and he never complained about Easter moving around from year to year

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Wasn't it the Romans(Technically speaking)? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Wonder what is in those dead sea scrolls they won't let us see?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    They were quite happy to get him out of the way.

But it was 'some Jews' and not 'The Jews'.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Not according to this site http://www.jewskilledjesus.com/
    That website would constitute bona-fide, a-grade evidence to some on here.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    No arguing with that then.

Do they have a youtube clip up as well?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    But they did kill Jebus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X