• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offer of a lifetime??"

Collapse

• Tingles
    replied
    Do it for a few years - then go for an interim director role £1500 per day....

Luvly jubbly!!!

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    What is your 5 year plan?
    (If you don't mind me asking).
    Good question

Year 1: Finish paying off the mortgage and have kids
    Year 2: Get a house in the country and a holiday property on the coast
    Year 3: Get MBA
    Year 4: Get MBA
    Year 5: Start up a business/tech consultancy

Or something like that.......

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Do you seriously want to be director of a large blue chip? Sounds good I know, but do you really know what it involves? This is not the same as being director of a start up, or even a medium size 250+ employee company. You are entering another world. Do some serious research. You might earn £100K a year contracting for doing practically f all. You might earn £150K a year as director of a blue chip (+ bonus). But the legal responsibilities and pressures are another world.
    I can always go back to Contracting, but I do want to push myself, yes.

I want to see where it takes me.

HOWEVER.....I hear what you are saying. If this was a give up your life kind of gig I would never take it, but it is not that kind of company. So I am thinking it over.......

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Do you seriously want to be director of a large blue chip? Sounds good I know, but do you really know what it involves? This is not the same as being director of a start up, or even a medium size 250+ employee company. You are entering another world. Do some serious research. You might earn £100K a year contracting for doing practically f all. You might earn £150K a year as director of a blue chip (+ bonus). But the legal responsibilities and pressures are another world.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Handover your CUK badge to admins on the way out

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    I don't know yet which is what is stopping me.

I really do have some thinking to do.

This was not in the 5 year plan.
    What is your 5 year plan?
    (If you don't mind me asking).

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
    How good is "Good"?
    I don't know yet which is what is stopping me.

I really do have some thinking to do.

This was not in the 5 year plan.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Take it, then never darken our doors again.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    As Rocky would say, Go For It.

Leave a comment:

• SorenLorensen
    replied
    How good is "Good"?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Clearly its a step in the direction in which you want to go in.

As long as the money and prospects meet expectations then whats stopping you?

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    started a topic Offer of a lifetime??

Offer of a lifetime??

Just been offered a permie job at the place where I am working

"Good" package
    MBA paid for
    MS certification paid for

Management role

Massive blue chip

Surprisingly I am tempted. This could be my ticket into directorship and business level exec, which is where I want to be, as well as Contracting being sold to a girl called Helena Handbasket.

What does the board think

Working...
X