• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon - Anyone remember this?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Actually Terry Wogan would be an improvement....
    Indeed. You know the odd one out of these;

Gordon Brown
    Fred Goodwin
    Tom McKillop
    Terry Wogan

Terry's the only one with a banking qualification.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I'm sorry, I have got children in need this week.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post

When we actually had some gold...
    That reminds me of something else: Gordon Brown's 10 worst financial gaffes

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Ah, the Golden Rules! They were the good old days when everyone* thought he knew what he was doing.

* except most of CUK

When we actually had some gold...

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Do you mean Vince Cable?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    wouldn't it be fun if one day we had someone "running" the economy who actually understood a bit about economics
    Do you mean Vince Cable?

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    wouldn't it be fun if one day we had someone "running" the economy who actually understood a bit about economics (as opposed to a lawyer, or a historian or someone who did a politics degree)....and who didn't see holding the post of Chancellor of the Exchequer" as just an opportunity to indulge in their twisted little social engineering fantasies?

And something to really frighten you all....imagine if Broon had a reshuffle and replaced Darling with Harperson.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Ah, the Golden Rules! They were the good old days when everyone* thought he knew what he was doing.

* except most of CUK

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Didn't GB also proudly claim that he had broken the myth of Labour's mishandling of the economy (badly paraphrased and misremembered)? Back in the days when he was called prudence Brown and had the golden rules, etc.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/was...se-corner.html

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If Gordon were to say 'actually I think we're fuqqed', would everyone feel more optimistic?
    I would rather hear him say, "Arrrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" as we hang, draw and quarter him. Even then, I'll think, "He's faking it".

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Talk of UK's credit rating being downgraded reminds me of this, which he has oft repeated.

"I believe that Britain is better placed than most to withstand the global turbulence because of the decisions that we have made both recently and in the past.

"I believe we have an economic resilience that we perhaps did not have 10, 15 or 20 years ago."
    - Gordon Brown, 6 January 2009

I'm not sure this was strictly true...
    He should be saying now

"I believe that Britain is fooked because of the decisions that we have made both recently and in the past.

"I believe we have an economic doom that we perhaps did not have 10, 15 or 20 years ago."

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If Gordon were to say 'actually I think we're fuqqed', would everyone feel more optimistic?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    of course it was not true

it was spoken by a politician

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    started a topic Gordon - Anyone remember this?

Gordon - Anyone remember this?

Talk of UK's credit rating being downgraded reminds me of this, which he has oft repeated.

"I believe that Britain is better placed than most to withstand the global turbulence because of the decisions that we have made both recently and in the past.

"I believe we have an economic resilience that we perhaps did not have 10, 15 or 20 years ago."
    - Gordon Brown, 6 January 2009

I'm not sure this was strictly true...

Working...
X