• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Morissey does a runner"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I reckon the bottle-chucker just heard him sing "Take me out tonight" and took him at his word.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I've booked tickets to see him twice and both times he pulled out, one year the prime motivator to get IOW festival tickets was Morissey headlining... again he pulled out.

A friend of ours went to see him in Swindon a few weeks back when he collapsed after one song, he really is a lazy sod.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    miserable git nearly had my eye out with a gladioli back in '84, what goes around comes around I say

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    At least it wasn't a shoe.

-- GB (junior)

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'd settle for the miserable sod just cheering up. He was miserable in the 80's when his girlfriend was in a coma but surely he should have moved on by now
    Heaven knows, he's miserable now.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Once bitten twice shy

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If the t0sser who threw the bottle didn't want to see him, why bother going there in the first place, other than to cause some degree of upset?
    Fully agree, it's just a shame that Morissey took it out on the wrong people. How many people would now pay to go and see him knowing he will probably do the same again. It's also more likely that someone will throw something at him again now.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'd settle for the miserable sod just cheering up. He was miserable in the 80's when his girlfriend was in a coma but surely he should have moved on by now

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There was that time I was on the trading floor.......
    Re-read my post and check that that still fits the bill

How often do people hit you on the head, doing your job, with no provocation?
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally steal some important landmark posts from him in a former life?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    There was that time I was on the trading floor.......

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    Great way of making a living, get thousands of people to pay a fair sum to see you and then use any excuse to not do any work. If he's too ill to face that many people then maybe he shouldn't be taking people's money.

Or maybe he should get a proper job.

If the t0sser who threw the bottle didn't want to see him, why bother going there in the first place, other than to cause some degree of upset?

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    A stupid tw@t hit him on the head with a plastic bottle so he decided that it wasn't worth getting the abuse at the age of 50 when he's just come back from being seriously ill.
    FTFY.
    Great way of making a living, get thousands of people to pay a fair sum to see you and then use any excuse to not do any work. If he's too ill to face that many people then maybe he shouldn't be taking people's money.

Or maybe he should get a proper job.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    it suddenly struck me...
    I might just die with a smile on my face after all

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    FTFY.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Yes, that's fair enough. He's not strange: he just wants to live his life that way.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom View Post
    A stupid tw@t hit him on the head with a plastic bottle so he decided that it wasn't worth getting the abuse at the age of 50 when he's just come back from being seriously ill.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X