• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cryptic quiz 2 - the easy version"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Gordon Banks

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I'm going to take a gamble on this one and pitch for Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha, because since his name is Polish, it most likely sounds like the clues you gave earlier.
    Czech.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Gordon Strachan.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    He has a bobble eye, knows fck all squared about anything, he has a high powered job in the government, and his name rhymes with frown
    This fellow has only ONE bobble eye and his first name rhymes with Cordon

One bobble eye
    Job in government
    Last name rhymes with frown
    First name rhymes with cordon.
    Well, this isn't easy, because there are several politicians with visual impairment problems in one eye.
    • Mohammed Omar, Taliban leader and former head of state (lost one eye due to a shrapnel injury).
    • Golbery do Couto e Silva, chief of staff of Geisel and Figueiredo administrations (blind in one eye).
    • Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha, czech general and Hussite leader, follower of Jan Hus. He took part in the civil wars in Bohemia in the reign of Wenceslaus IV. Legal records from 1378 mention Jan Žižka z Trocnova, hinting that if the nick-name žižka meant one-eye, early chronologer Aeneus Sylvius Piccolomini, Pius II was correct in stating the loss of the eye was the result of a childhood fight.
    • Jean-Marie Le Pen, Member of the European Parliament and three-time presidential candidate (blind in his left eye).
    • Moshe Dayan, Defense Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister of Israel (lost his left eye in World War II).
    • Nick Griffin, Chairman of the BNP, is blind in one eye, following an accident in 1990 involving a shotgun cartridge.
    • Moron Clown, British Prime Minister, is blind in one eye.

I'm going to take a gamble on this one and pitch for Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha, because since his name is Polish, it most likely sounds like the clues you gave earlier.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Mornington Crescent

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Margaret Beckett?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Gonad Frown

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Goand Drown?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Cordon Frown ?

Jeeze, I thought you said this one was easy?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I hear your question, but I'd like to take the time to point out that the net change in percentage gain over a 3 month period, a year or so ago clearly shows that if I answer this question I'd be open to having to answer all sorts of questions, unlike the opposition who, under the last administration, also ducked the same sort of question but in percantage terms did it far more often than I ever did.

HTH.
    David "the Kid" Cameron

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Not Peter

clue -

I hear your question, but I'd like to take the time to point out that the net change in percentage gain over a 3 month period, a year or so ago clearly shows that if I answer this question I'd be open to having to answer all sorts of questions, unlike the opposition who, under the last administration, also ducked the same sort of question but in percantage terms did it far more often than I ever did.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Not Peter

clue -

Hazel Blears?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Peter Mandelson?
    Not Peter

clue -

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    PM Clown

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Who is this ?

He has a bobble eye, knows fck all squared about anything, he has a high powered job in the government, and his name rhymes with frown

Peter Mandelson?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X