• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Think you're a self-obsessed geek?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    My best friend does so I'm never worried when he comes to stay. You are in the minority thouugh ...
    Apparently so.

It's weird, but human nature is usually wired to take the path of less resistance or effort. In essence, we are programmed to be lazy.

Hence, why do men stand up, exerting additional effort that is completely unnecessary ?

After all, we're meant to be the lazy gender, so it doesn't compute.

I think it's something to do with the "Ladies do it sitting down, so if you do it sitting down, you must be a lady. You are denying your god-given masculinity by not waving your penis all over the bathroom and hosing everything in sight".

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Some of us do.
    My best friend does so I'm never worried when he comes to stay. You are in the minority thouugh ...

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I'll buy one when they include the 'you are about to miss' sensor

Why don't blokes sit down?
    Some of us do.

I'm on my feet all day, so I'll gladly take any chance to have a sit for a few minutes, regardless of which "toilet operation" I need to perform.

Leave a comment:

• Toolpusher
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Paint a target inside the bowl. He'll never miss again
    Something like this?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Marketing genius - Plan B?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Wow! His doorbell has rung 1897 times, and each time, an image is sent to his mobile phone.

His bill must be huge!
    Not really. In the first world many providers give you discount or even free rates when calling in-network.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Oh hang on, I see Tesco now make bogs, so they can measure your output.

http://www.tescobathrooms.com/bathro...ottery/toilets

SFW

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Oh hang on, I see Tesco now make bogs, so they can measure your output.

http://www.tescobathrooms.com/bathro...ottery/toilets

SFW

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Tesco keep a record of what I have ordered and so am surprised that they haven't started emailing me telling me I've probably run out of beans.
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Image.../83/000083.jpg

One they RFID everything (see pic) you can be sure they will !

SFW

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Probably just waiting for a Tesco Online API so they can automatically re-order staple items
    Tesco keep a record of what I have ordered and so am surprised that they haven't started emailing me telling me I've probably run out of beans.
    To quote Del Boy and AtW - this time next year ...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't seen an inventory of his fridge or food cupboards.

I know a person who gets their food delivered, and uses a barcode reader to scan the items in to their cupboards, so that they can put the items in to an Access database for inventory purposes.

I guess it must be very important to know how many tins of baked beans and prunes one has at any one time.

Just imagine the chaos and carnage if you ran out.
    Probably just waiting for a Tesco Online API so they can automatically re-order staple items

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Get used to it - In thirty years we'll all be forced to use monitors like this

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't seen an inventory of his fridge or food cupboards.

I know a person who gets their food delivered, and uses a barcode reader to scan the items in to their cupboards, so that they can put the items in to an Access database for inventory purposes.

I guess it must be very important to know how many tins of baked beans and prunes one has at any one time.

Just imagine the chaos and carnage if you ran out.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Wow! His doorbell has rung 1897 times, and each time, an image is sent to his mobile phone.

His bill must be huge!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X