• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FTSE by end of Dec 2009"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Several years ago I was setting up the trading system whist talking to ex-mrs HAB. She was pestering me to go out like I had agreed. She asked, "how does that work then". I explain as simply as I could and say "like now, I think it's going to go up so I'd press 'BUY' ". All of a sudden, I get a fill back from the brokers.

I closed it out about 15 mins later for a nice couple of hundred bucks profit. Which was nice.
    Yep, I've worked on some systems where the traders thought they were connected to "demo" when it was in fact "live"!

Luckily they accidently made money or we would have been in deep tulip.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Whoops, wrong button. I meant 3500, not 4000.
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And you spend all day pushing buttons?

Several years ago I was setting up the trading system whist talking to ex-mrs HAB. She was pestering me to go out like I had agreed. She asked, "how does that work then". I explain as simply as I could and say "like now, I think it's going to go up so I'd press 'BUY' ". All of a sudden, I get a fill back from the brokers.

I closed it out about 15 mins later for a nice couple of hundred bucks profit. Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    And you spend all day pushing buttons?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    In a way as most of the FTSE companies make their money in currencies other than GBP, so a weak pound means they make bumper profits.
    Bumber profits measured in (devalued) £'s?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    In a way as most of the FTSE companies make their money in currencies other than GBP, so a weak pound means they make bumper profits.
    Disclaimer: What goes up can also go down. And vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If the Pound drops, does the FTSE go up because it's measured in Pounds?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If the Pound drops, does the FTSE go up because it's measured in Pounds?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a poll FTSE by end of Dec 2009

FTSE by end of Dec 2009

5.88%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    29.41%
    17.65%
    5.88%
    23.53%
    0.00%
    5.88%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    AndyW's bottom.
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

Where will the FTSE close on the last trading day of the year? See poll.

Working...
X