• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Iran's nuclear ambitions"

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Do you know Alf that is exactly what I said to my wife last night
    Jings Da !

Of course you mean Her Indoors , BTW good to see the old Daley Avatar is back !

Naturally of course you do listen to her advice too, as Robert Burns points out some men do resent this !

How mony lengthend, sage advices,
    The husband frae the wife despises!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Aye DA

The point is often overlooked that small things can and do make a difference.
    Do you know Alf that is exactly what I said to my wife last night

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Was she a scot do you think Alf?
    Aye DA

As the Auld Scots proverb has it ...

Many a Mickle Makes a Muckle

PS Mickle being an old Scots coin roughly equal to a Farthing

The old Scottish proverb tells us that "many a mickle makes a muckle" - understandable if it is the same as looking after the pennies.

The point is often overlooked that small things can and do make a difference.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 November 2005, 17:06.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Aye DA

But you know that God keeps his eye on us all ... and the hypocrites whom shall be the first shall be the last.

To illustrate your point re Bono , heres a story about somebody who had no riches who gave her last farthing ...

Mark 12:41-44 41

And he sat down over against the treasury, and beheld how the multitude cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a poor widow, and she cast in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and said unto them,

Verily I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than all they that are casting into the treasury:

44 for they all did cast in of their superfluity; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Was she a scot do you think Alf?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I think Chico's religion is what I would call "Buffet Christianity" whereby you can pick and mix anything you like from the bible in order to avoid having to make any actual sacrifices. This of course is designed to create an aura of credibility around the person and put them beyond question. This is a bit like Geldoff and Bono who make a lot of noise to tell everyone else to care about poverty and to give up their money, without actually giving a penny out of their own fortunes.
    Aye DA

But you know that God keeps his eye on us all ... and the hypocrites whom shall be the first shall be the last.

To illustrate your point re Bono , heres a story about somebody who had no riches who gave her last farthing ...

Mark 12:41-44 41

And he sat down over against the treasury, and beheld how the multitude cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

42 And there came a poor widow, and she cast in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and said unto them,

Verily I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than all they that are casting into the treasury:

44 for they all did cast in of their superfluity; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 November 2005, 16:56.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    If the Iranians are so great then why did Saddam kick their asses for 8 years in that war?
    Er, he didn't. Not on the planet I'm on, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    I'm afraid to say that two wrongs don't make a right. I refuse to believe that Christ would sanction the killing of another human being in any way, shape or form. That would be a total repudiation of all that I hold dear about my Christian faith. If my faith requires me to die rather than breach the fundamental tenets of that faith, then I will do so rather than raise a hand against a fellow being. If that is at the hands of a terrorist fanatic then so be it. I will die knowing that I did not give in to the doctrine of fear and hate, and hoping that my example helps to inspire others. Love does conquers all things (eventually) and we would be foolish to forget that.
    I think Chico's religion is what I would call "Buffet Christianity" whereby you can pick and mix anything you like from the bible in order to avoid having to make any actual sacrifices. This of course is designed to create an aura of credibility around the person and put them beyond question. This is a bit like Geldoff and Bono who make a lot of noise to tell everyone else to care about poverty and to give up their money, without actually giving a penny out of their own fortunes.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    As long as he is not a recruitment agent of evil
    No you don't yet have a challenger to your role

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    There you have it. Chico is a fraud and may be an agent of evil. .
    As long as he is not a recruitment agent of evil

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    What is this groundhog day? You keep asking the same questions and you keep getting the same answer. In this instance persistence will get you nowhere. If terrorists obeyed the sixth commandment then there isnt a problem is there? The sixth commandment does not tell us to stand idly by while human life is taken. Does it?
    I'm afraid to say that two wrongs don't make a right. I refuse to believe that Christ would sanction the killing of another human being in any way, shape or form. That would be a total repudiation of all that I hold dear about my Christian faith. If my faith requires me to die rather than breach the fundamental tenets of that faith, then I will do so rather than raise a hand against a fellow being. If that is at the hands of a terrorist fanatic then so be it. I will die knowing that I did not give in to the doctrine of fear and hate, and hoping that my example helps to inspire others. Love does conquers all things (eventually) and we would be foolish to forget that.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    There you have it. Chico is a fraud and may be an agent of evil. I vote that we make Xerxes our resident Christian. He may have more interesting things to say than this nincompoop.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What is this groundhog day? You keep asking the same questions and you keep getting the same answer. In this instance persistence will get you nowhere. If terrorists obeyed the sixth commandment then there isnt a problem is there? The sixth commandment does not tell us to stand idly by while human life is taken. Does it?
    I am afraid that in the words of the bible the commandment to which you refer simply says:

"Thou shalt not kill"

Try as I may I cannot find any addendum to these commands that suggest you can actually kill someone under certain circumstances.

I need an answer as the same applies to adultery, and the young secretary in the next door office cannot wait for me any longer. In fact the irony is that unless I get on with it pretty sharpish she will be forced to seduce the rather smally, bearded systems programmer in the corner

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I dont give a toss about the terrorists, IS IT OK TO KILL OR NOT?????

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Chico, if you don't like answering questions from atheists, why not respond to Xerxes criticism of your non-Christian beliefs, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X