• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eating crap throughout the day"

Collapse

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Is it just me, or is it quite difficult not to eat crap throughout the day, I'm sure snacking on crisps and chocolates isn't ideal, but then there aren't many other options where I am. Oh well, mustn't grumble...
    Surely what comes out of your mouth is mostly crap, so if crap goes in and crap comes out, that must be a balanced diet!

Leave a comment:

• SoupDragon
    replied
    I eat healthy food all day (I do natural bodybuilding)

Takes a little bit of planning but once you get into the habit it's hardly onerous

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I found that you do not realise how much crap you eat in a day until you stop. I decided to diet & it’s only on reflection that I have realised how much I could eat in a day.

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Eating crap throughout the day

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Is it just me, or is it quite difficult not to eat crap throughout the day, I'm sure snacking on crisps and chocolates isn't ideal, but then there aren't many other options where I am. Oh well, mustn't grumble...
    Where do you get all this crap - I only do a couple of pounds a day. Surely you don't eat other people's?

Leave a comment:

• DeepBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    Keep frequenting the vending machine and you'll look like Jubba the Hut by the time you finish this contract!

Myself.. i take lots of fruit into work. I am also following the Paleo Diet as part of my gym routine (high protein low carb) which basically consists of no processed foods/sugars... so dont have the vending machine problem any more!
    Woo how's it going? I'm failing miserably to keep prepared with enough meat!!! Falling back to carbs to get the calories in. Must eat more fat/protein... nom nom nom.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by gruntling View Post
    Half a dozen apples
    eating apples makes you more hungry

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I often get through a 230g bar of chocolate a day. Chocolate does count towards one of your five-a-day doesn't it? I find anything other than meat, cheese and chocolate is a pain in the arse to cook and eat. I do try to eat an apple every day or two though. Very boring. My other source of vegetables consists of a Big Mac every weekend if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    This is what is happening to me working from home. Eat crap, no exercise, putting on weight.

I'm never, never going to do this again.
    What, working?

I didn't think you did much anyway

Leave a comment:

• gruntling
    replied
    Just eat a couple of pieces of fruit - say an apple in the morning and banana in the afternoon.

Half a dozen apples and a bunch of bananas is less than 3 quid a week from the supermarket.

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Know someone who uses these guys:

http://graze.com/

Looks a bit pricey to me.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    So that's not including a sandwich?
    No, no sandwich.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Keep frequenting the vending machine and you'll look like Jubba the Hut by the time you finish this contract!

Myself.. i take lots of fruit into work. I am also following the Paleo Diet as part of my gym routine (high protein low carb) which basically consists of no processed foods/sugars... so dont have the vending machine problem any more!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Take a banana 3 apples, 2 oranges, 2 carrots and some Rivita- type low calorie biscuits with you along with one of those 2% fat cheese spreads. PZZ
    So that's not including a sandwich?

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
    Plenty of free exercise walking back and forth to the tuliper after eating all that fruit though...that's what I found when I started taking a big bunch of grapes to work each day!
    At least it gets you out of the office for a bit.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    This is what is happening to me working from home. Eat crap, no exercise, putting on weight.

I'm never, never going to do this again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X