• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scottish winter hideaway"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    I used to live on a Island off the west coast of Scotland, you would spend 30 minutes walking to the shops in the morning...

"You got the Glasgow Herald?"

"Sorry the ferry never had the papers, they are coming on the 11:20, we should have them by lunch time"

"Can I have toffee crisp then"

"We just have mars bars and wispas, the next delivery from our suppliers is in March"

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    But everywhere you go is fanstastic snaw. It's a common theme.

You remind me of http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...illiant270.jpg
    It's because "I am a traveller not a tourist and have lived everywhere"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Sounded like you were.
    I am still puzzled to know how you think...

"I go walking during the day then drink about 15 pints of their beer when I get back."

...Is me advocating chef going walking where he might put his life in danger.

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    ok, i'll bite

I dont want to stay in a shed, I want to stay in an idyllic cosy place surrounded by great views. We've just got back from a relaxing 2 weeks of 39C in Oman including a few days in a spa and have decided that we want to spend this new year in Edinburgh mainly as I've been before and loved it and she's never been. As we have a few days free afterwards we thought a short trip to the lower scottish highlands would be nice.

If the weather is as you say going to be dark, rainy and miserable that's when a log fire, some good food and wine and the fact that the passion in our relationship has not been lost or soured somewhere on a swindon roundabout comes into play and I'm sure we can think of ways to occupy ourselves

Give my regards to Benidorm when you arrive.
    Don't forget the bottle of Dalmore!

I've seen a few xmases in Scotland where is has been nice and crisp with lovey blue skies. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• bekarovka
    replied
    Have never been to Scotland; would love to go sometime though. So far, I regret to say, the closest I've got is Shrewsbury lol!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Chef.

If your looking or somewhere cosy for Mr and Mrs Chef then I highly recommend Monachyle Mhor

Mrs Scooter and I stayed there a few months back, amazing.

Don't take my word for it though... look it up on trip advisor.

PS: Might be a little tricky to get to if it snows...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The drive to Oban from Glasgow is about 2 1/2 hours
    Were you in reverse?

My personal best is 90 minutes..

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    ah, beginners

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I dont want to stay in a shed, I want to stay in an idyllic cosy place surrounded by great views.
    Stop by for a visit

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    So do I - mainly the empty bits though.
    I spent two winters on St Kilda. That was rough. but good

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Get a plane to Stornoway and grab one of these - http://www.stay-hebrides.com/

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I like Scotland...
    I've only ever been in the summer so I can't really comment...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I like Scotland...
    So do I - mainly the empty bits though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Or if you are getting your end away...

Maybe a hideaway in scotland is the way to go...
    I like Scotland...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Agreed, but for a few days, its a novelty. You can put up with all sorts if there is an end in sight

Or if you are getting your end away...

Maybe a hideaway in scotland is the way to go...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X