• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car fit for a contractor/CEO"

Collapse

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    In other words, you are so low down the business food chain a bus pass is all you need.
    I quite often take the bus actually. Most round here have WiFi etc so a nice way to travel as long as its not too long a journey, then its also real easy to get a reliable train service to where you want to go for not much money in here Central Europe with a few G&T's along the way.
    Both certainly a far more attractive alternative to driving.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Ive never let someones inability to plan ruin my day.

PZZ
    In other words, you are so low down the business food chain a bus pass is all you need.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Not very convenient is it if you get a call at 9.00am saying "Can you meet us at 10.00am today?"
    Ive never let someones inability to plan ruin my day.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If I want a car Ill hire one for the day like this: http://www.rioprestige.com/

PZZ
    Not very convenient is it if you get a call at 9.00am saying "Can you meet us at 10.00am today?"

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    How so?

You like winking into your bank statement?
    If I want a car Ill hire one for the day like this: http://www.rioprestige.com/

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Id rather have the money, far more use than a car.

PZZ
    How so?

You like winking into your bank statement?

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Don't be a muppet.

Think kerbside jewellry.
    Id rather have the money, far more use than a car.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If you need a car for a day, hire one, why waste money and driveway space buying one??

Car hire = still 100% tax deductible in the UK I believe.

PZZ
    Don't be a muppet.

Think kerbside jewellry.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Because I will start to visit customers at their offices. And it is not time efficient to go by pubic transport to some chemical plant in the middle of nowhere 200km away.

So far I have been here for almost 2 and a half years and I have not needed a car as I have gone to the same client co office every day. Thus I have not got a car here yet. Now I will need it - then I will get it.

Simlpes - and explained in the initial post
    If you need a car for a day, hire one, why waste money and driveway space buying one??

Car hire = still 100% tax deductible in the UK I believe.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Why do you want a car??

- nothing but an expensive pain in the ass that's becoming increasingly un-PC by the second.

PZZ
    Because I will start to visit customers at their offices. And it is not time efficient to go by pubic transport to some chemical plant in the middle of nowhere 200km away.

So far I have been here for almost 2 and a half years and I have not needed a car as I have gone to the same client co office every day. Thus I have not got a car here yet. Now I will need it - then I will get it.

Simlpes - and explained in the initial post

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Why do you want a car??

- nothing but an expensive pain in the ass that's becoming increasingly un-PC by the second.

PZZ
    Ain't got much choice when you live in the middle of nowhere!

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Why do you want a car??

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Back in Ireland at the moment, current mode of transport is a white Berlingo

Next month it will be push bike.

I started out in contracting with a Merc.

Am I doing something wrong.
    Same here, might have to seel my beloved RAV next month to get me through the next few months.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Topgear car ratings are generally determined by a roll of the dice

take a guess at the comfort score that accompanies this piece. I'll draw your attention to one sentance in particular:
    Morris Marina?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Pimp my tractor?
    Con my tractor, pimp?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X