• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Do you clip the corners of the counters with nail clippers ?

I once spent two days clipping 'Drang Nach Osten'
    Nah, it's not necessary these days.

Does this bring back memories, or a cold sweat ? (SFW)

Things have changed in wargaming over the years...

Save the nail clippers for the toenails

Oh, btw, do you still have the game, and what condition is it in ? DNO goes for good money (£115-160 currently on ebay)
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 27 October 2009, 07:53.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Now I have a stack of plastic bags (2" x 3") and I am putting counters in to them from the various games.
    Do you clip the corners of the counters with nail clippers ?

I once spent two days clipping 'Drang Nach Osten'

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did you have a nice weekend?
    No. First week at new gig last week, and everyone on-site had a cold. So, by weekend, I had one too.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Not really

Spent most of it studying for Prince2 exams, only to find that the mid-November exams have been pulled (or suspiciously booked all in one go...) so the next available exam date is 6 weeks away! It only takes about 4 days to get through the material - I'm going to have to keep it in my head for all that time!

Ironically, properly baselined planning and risk management would have avoided that situation.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    YouTube has videos, well I never! You are a clever old chap
    Ok, for the hard of thinking - namely you!

The videos (of the arm wrestling in the pub) are (now) on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Amiga500
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The videos are on youtube!
    YouTube has videos, well I never! You are a clever old chap

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I know... although hearing the arm-wrestling stories, I'm suprised that they even got served!!
    The videos are on youtube!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Very good weekend cheers. We stayed in London this weekend as it was the daughter's 15th birthday. Took her and the missus shopping at Harrods during the day, then out to dinner at Middle Eastern restaurant on Saturday night. Went to The Ivy for lunch on Sunday. All very nice.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Down with the flu all weekend. Missus and the little one as well. Don't think anyone of us left the house on Sunday. Only managed a milk-run on Saturday for essentials - even that tired me out.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Hmm doesn't bode well for Thursday does it
    I know... although hearing the arm-wrestling stories, I'm suprised that they even got served!!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Even the body clock?
    Well when I woke up the body clock was showing 12:00 but it tends to do that most mornings but Sunday morning it was actually 13:00 which was most confusing

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    WSS.

Met some friends from school and nearly got barred from Wetherspoons in Oldham! Cracking afternoon!
    Hmm doesn't bode well for Thursday does it

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    A most excellent weekend thank you.

Got the ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland, and a friend drove us down to Essen in Germany. (130 mph on the road in Germany ! !)

We attended Speil (SFW) and managed to buy, between us, a bootload of boardgames, some LARP equipment, a few RPG sourcebooks, and other gaming related accessories.

4 days of gaming during the day, and gaming in the evenings over a beer or 3.

It was an excellent break.

Now I have a stack of plastic bags (2" x 3") and I am putting counters in to them from the various games.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    not really, it's too cold here in deutschland, I want to be back in the nice warm Indian Ocean.. other than that I suppose it'll be nice to see my apartment again..

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Yes thanks! Hope you did too.

Thanks to the clocks change, my baby now goes to sleep an hour earlier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X