• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blair, you are a terrorist"

Collapse

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    but ask yourself - what would you do in their shoes?
    Whatever it takes to get my hands on those 70 odd virgins asap.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I havent read the goldstone report, but I gather from the gist that it equates the Israeli activities (that include invading Lebanon) as no more morally wrong than the hezbollah or hamas bombing of Israeli civilian targets that initiated the Israeli invasion.

The fact that Israelis do not deliberatly target palestinian citizens whereas Hezbollah and Hamas do- they even hide by using their own civilians as shields-, is of no consequence in the argument.
    Well, maybe not with actual weapons (Though that's debatable, but as a rule it's not an official policy).

But building bloody big walls, knicking their land, denying them economic opportunities, assassinating their leaders with no due process etc. They're not exactly innocent in all this either.

That's not to say I agree with the Palestinian approach of bombs and rockets etc (Seems kind of counter productive to me) but ask yourself - what would you do in their shoes?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
    Its clear where you stand. Fair enough. But the peace process there requires an honest broker, which I don't think Blair is. And as for who Israel targets:-

"The report concludes that the Israeli military operation was directed at the people of Gaza as a whole, in furtherance of an overall and continuing policy aimed at punishing the Gaza population, and in a deliberate policy of disproportionate force aimed at the civilian population."

Ref: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/mobile/middle_east/8257446.stm

Which was the point I was making, whether you agree with it or not. My view is that Blair's silence was morally wrong.
    I agree about Blair, but the report failed to recognise the fact that Hamas terrorists were deliberatly launching missiles from the midst of their own civilians, thus deliberatly inviting retaliation that would bring about heavy civilian casualties that would fool people like you.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    I havent read the goldstone report, but I gather from the gist that it equates the Israeli activities (that include invading Lebanon) as no more morally wrong than the hezbollah or hamas bombing of Israeli civilian targets that initiated the Israeli invasion.

To people like you there is no differential morally between the activities of either side.
    Its clear where you stand. Fair enough. But the peace process there requires an honest broker, which I don't think Blair is. And as for who Israel targets:-

"The report concludes that the Israeli military operation was directed at the people of Gaza as a whole, in furtherance of an overall and continuing policy aimed at punishing the Gaza population, and in a deliberate policy of disproportionate force aimed at the civilian population."

Ref: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/mobile/middle_east/8257446.stm

Which was the point I was making, whether you agree with it or not. My view is that Blair's silence was morally wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    My argument? I think I just stated it and also what the Goldstone report concluded, which you've totally ignored.

What is your opinion on this?

If you agree with that then it is therefore not unreasonable to argue that all killings however motivated are on a par morally with each other.

The fact that Israelis do not deliberatly target palestinian citizens whereas Hezbollah and Hamas do- they even hide by using their own civilians as shields-, is of no consequence in the argument. To people like you there is no differential morally between the activities of either side. Even worse for Israel is that they are if anything more in the wrong because more palestinian civilains are killed than Israelis.

The fact that Hamas and Hezbollah have openly declared that they wish to wipe Israel out, as against the different view of the Israelis - which recognises the existence of its oponents and a desire to live peacefully with them- is neither here nor there.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 21 October 2009, 14:39.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    My argument? I think I just stated it and also what the Goldstone report concluded, which you've totally ignored.

What is your opinion on this?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    It did. I think Brits are more sensitive to these issues after 30+ years of exposure to terrorism. I'm not an apologist for either side.

Consider the just released Goldstone report which points to war crimes by both sides. Yet as usual Palestinian civilians suffer 10x as much. That's why Blair should have called for a halt. Or don't you agree?
    So your argument goes that a killing is a killing and there is no difference in the morality of it all. Or is it a numbers game? the side that has the most people killed is the side that is in the right?

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
    Indeed. None of my other imaginary friends speak to me
    The stupid tnuc probably thinks that the world is only 10,000 years old too

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    And presumably it didnt really bother you that Hezbollah were raining missiles on to Israeli citizens prior to that invasion.
    It did. I think Brits are more sensitive to these issues after 30+ years of exposure to terrorism. I'm not an apologist for either side.

Consider the just released Goldstone report which points to war crimes by both sides. Yet as usual Palestinian civilians suffer 10x as much. That's why Blair should have called for a halt. Or don't you agree?

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    When God himself has spoken to you, such comments are water off a ducks back.
    Indeed. None of my other imaginary friends speak to me

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Quite apart from the Iraq fiasco, his silence during Israel's 2006 invasion of Lebanon made me ashamed of my country's government.
    And presumably it didnt really bother you that Hezbollah were raining missiles on to Israeli citizens prior to that invasion.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    When God himself has spoken to you, such comments are water off a ducks back.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Quite apart from the Iraq fiasco, his silence during Israel's 2006 invasion of Lebanon made me ashamed of my country's government.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    B'Liar has always reminded me of that scene in B5 where Vir says:

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Still a smug fkr, isn't he.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X