• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Book him Danno. Again."

Collapse

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    I've now seen it. It was ok but there were no scenes of Grace Park running round in a bikini.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Anyone seen the NCIS crossover episode?

I have all of season 2 downloaded but it would appear that I can't progress beyond episode 21 until I've seen the conclusion of the story in NCIS Los Angeles.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Seems like there's been a bit of a hiatus in the US for a few weeks. Just got epiodes 15 & 16. Ditto Walking Dead which has just started up again half way through season 2.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Hawaii is a truly beautiful place, was there last year for 2 weeks. Weather predictable, warm and had a fab time.

Killer is the dire flight times out there.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    As buddy cop shows go, it's reasonably mindless fare.

Much better than that dire "Chase" crapola from Bruckheimer.

You can watch most of his shows in fast forward & not miss much.
    Think I only managed 10 mins of the first episode of Chase before deleting all the episodes I had on my Sky+ box.

Glad to see H5O back though.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Season 2 starts tomorrow in the US - no UK date as yet.

These promos/trailers will have to do for now:

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Pilot or not I don't know but saw an episode the other day about triathletes who steal diamonds. IT WAS DIRE!

Won't be wasting my time again.

The wife and I were more interested in spotting places we went when we were there on honeymoon last year.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I found the pilot episode pretty dire and was ready to ditch the show there and then.

The next few episodes are not brilliant either, still better than the pilot, but it's from about episode eight onwards that it starts to click together.
    I just deleted them

still, even if it did start to come together I don't think it would be enough for me

And seriously why the **** does every cop drama which has a story about Chinese gangsters have to involve people smuggling. It's getting beyond a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    are you blaming the tool?

I saw the pilot episode for five-0 the other night.... not even the Toaster in a Bikini could save it
    I found the pilot episode pretty dire and was ready to ditch the show there and then.

The next few episodes are not brilliant either, still better than the pilot, but it's from about episode eight onwards that it starts to click together.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I hate it when it does that.
    are you blaming the tool?

I saw the pilot episode for five-0 the other night.... not even the Toaster in a Bikini could save it

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Fixed the link

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Didn't notice the other stuff, but the Bing thing made I larf.

Nice product placement for various firearms makers too.
    As are, I suspect, the cars they drive.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    After watching this weeks episode, one word of warning!

The producers obviously have a product placement deal with Microsoft.

They have a surface table which is based on MS Surface 2.0 and integrates well into the storylines.

However, this weeks episode was blatantly designed to plug Microsoft Windows Phone 7 with one character struggling to input text and being told about predictive text input (see last paragraph).

Later, the same character goes on to successfully take photos of the bad guy's house using a WP7 enabled phone.

However, even less subtle was a few weeks ago when Daniel Dae Kim tells a colleague to Bing It! Talk about shoe horned in product placement!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I had a picture of olive skinned nymphs in grass skirts with a flower in their hair, hips swaying rhythmically from side to side to the beat of a hollow-log drum, their firm pert breasts thrusting against the thin material of their make shift over the shoulder, and a thin sheen of sweat on their seductive smiling faces

That was before the yanks moved in

Now their kept in a compound and only let out to greet dignitaries

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    The 5-0 refers to the average weight of the local population... in stone
    I had a picture of olive skinned nymphs in grass skirts with a flower in their hair, hips swaying rhythmically from side to side to the beat of a hollow-log drum, their firm pert breasts thrusting against the thin material of their make shift over the shoulder, and a thin sheen of sweat on their seductive smiling faces

Leave a comment:

Working...
X