• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Subscribe to thread"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You can get an email when anyone responds to a thread that you subscribe to. If you have a question that you think might get a serious response (!!) then it can be useful...
    Its there's in Thread Tools. I've never used it here but have on other sites. It could be useful for the serious sections here.

The e-mail notifications contain an "Unsubscribe" link, so it's pretty painless to switch off for threads you are no longer interested in.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I subscribed to the Beano once, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    No, and I've been here seven years. What is it?
    You can get an email when anyone responds to a thread that you subscribe to. If you have a question that you think might get a serious response (!!) then it can be useful...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Do many of you use this feature in General?

I don't due to the volume of replies some threads get but wondered if others did.
    No, and I've been here seven years. What is it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I just send him HMRC phishing emails, much more amusing
    So it's you then, you *$**%(!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    CUKDoS - CUK Denial of Service: sign up on site with your worst enemy's email and subscribe to TPD or My Lunch threads...
    I just send him HMRC phishing emails, much more amusing

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    CUKDoS - CUK Denial of Service: sign up on site with your worst enemy's email and subscribe to TPD or My Lunch threads...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    It gives you email alerts everytime a reply to the thread is made making you think that possibly someone might have made a sensible point only to logon only to find Clippy has been commenting
    Ah ha, guessed there must be a reason it doesn't even consciously register.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Subscribe? What's that all about?
    It gives you email alerts everytime a reply to the thread is made making you think that possibly someone might have made a sensible point only to logon only to find Clippy has been commenting

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Subscribe? What's that all about?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Heck I've been on here for 12 months and I've still yet to use the view unread threads bit.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    try it with tpd

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There are very few threads that I care enough about to know when someone has posted a response.

Occasionally have used it in the past for threads where I needed advice and wanted to see what people had said, but not any more, and never in General since there is never much in there that I'm interested in...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Subscribe to thread

Subscribe to thread

Do many of you use this feature in General?

I don't due to the volume of replies some threads get but wondered if others did.

Working...
X