• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "unique(?) music site"

Collapse

• Spock
    replied
    thunderlizard, I must question your logic in such an assumption. It appears to be no more than a somewhat primitive and simply organised fascimile of launch.com.

I would recommend that you investigate this alternative option at the first opportunity.

The video recordings I have analysed are indeed fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Wow luke! that's the best website!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    "People are OK if I use headphones"

Should be two choices:

"People are OK if I use headphones"

"People are OK if I use headphones, BUT ON CONDITION I DON'T SING ALONG."

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Option 7) Music is far too distracting to my job...I tend to lose focus on what I am doing and start listening to the music. Aha ! A diminished 7th chord which you don't hear that often...or....wtf...a dance track at 129bpm instead of 128bpm.

It's the same if I am in a music shop looking at sheet music..eg, on the Debbie Gibson song "Who Loves Ya Baby" (Electric Youth Album 1989) there is a c0ckup in the first ending of the first repeated section. There are 5 beats to the bar on the sheet, but in fact there should be a notation to indicate that the final 3 beats only take up 2 instead.

Of course, once you play it you soon realise, lol !

Now, if I could only silence the rest of the distractions in the office, that would be fantastic. My dream is working in a room with absolutely no noise whatsoever. Bliss !

Leave a comment:

• luke warm
    started a poll unique(?) music site

unique(?) music site

I pump it out the speakers all the time
    7.14%
    People are OK if I use headphones
    35.71%
    I have my music on - the permies scowl at me but i don't care - I am a contractor and i rox
    14.29%
    Music is frowned upon but I get away with it a lot of the time
    0.00%
    No music allowed. This place is like a medieval dungeon!
    21.43%
    I'm 'between contracts' / working at home so do whatever I darn like
    21.43%
    www.pandora.com

choose a song you like, then they find similar songs in their database. The system should get smarter as you tell it more of what you do or don't like. Looks like a nice idea and saves bringing an ipod to work.

So how many people can play music at work?

Working...
X