• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car park marking gone bad..!"

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    Ah yes when you look into it carpark marking is a fascinating subject.

In the carpark of the Ulster Folk and Transport museum in Belfast, some genius decided to paint parking bays. To help people park in a one-way section of the park he painted the bays at 45 degrees to the flow of traffic.
    So far so good.... but... he forgot to take account of the fact that this narrows the bays. Result, bays 1/root two of a car width. They're there to this day.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Oh yes lets really piss off sleep deprived Mothers of small children - that's REALLY funny, I know lets also let down the tires of smug patronising male IT contractors too ha ha ha - jolly japes eh!
    Ooh! Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    There's a really funny student prank in there somewhere about repainting a car park and confusing all the mums even more than their normal trouble they have parking
    Oh yes lets really piss off sleep deprived Mothers of small children - that's REALLY funny, I know lets also let down the tires of smug patronising male IT contractors too ha ha ha - jolly japes eh!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    We'll have to take your word on that.
    I once had to do a 10,000 word essay on 'The Marxist interpretation of Hegelian Dialectic and the counter-factual variable concept of car-park delineation' - An extra 10 marks if parallels are drawn to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle of traffic wardens. ie do they operate in waves and what are the frequencies

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    There's a really funny student prank in there somewhere about repainting a car park and confusing all the mums even more than their normal trouble they have parking

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Excuse me! What is wrong with barb wire collecting?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I thought it was about parking bays, where you need a plank or something to keep the lines straight.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Car Park marking is actually a very interesting subject

Yes, its up there with barb wire collecting and navel fluff classification

Hello EO

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Car Park marking is actually a very interesting subject

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    i still think he spends his free time repainting the lines in Tesco

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I'm having trouble trying to decipher the original poster's question, due to poor grammar.

If he cannot be bothered to write properly, forcing me to waste unnecessary time in trying to decode the original message, then I don't see why I should have to expend additional effort in answering the question.

Yes, it could be pointed out that I have wasted time in writing this post, however, that's not the point.

It's the principle that counts.
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 10 October 2009, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    car park marking? What...the way wolves do it?

or dogging?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Try the search term: road marking paint.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It had to read it a few times.

Markings on the roads are not actually paint but plastic. Paint will always wash away.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Huh?!

Is that you Wilmslow? What the heck is car mark parking, or park marking?
    OK...Just marking the following in my park...

"PRIVATE PARKING" & remark the boundary..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X