• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jet Lag

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jet Lag"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Sorry CM.

As for the original post - I tried to tough out my jet lag by staying up and having a few drinks. It worked fine until the following evening, when I fell asleep during the main course in a restaurant (and again later - I'll spare you the details).

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Who said that?

Thanks Zip!!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Who said that?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Four days! That's a pretty crappy jet you were on ...
    Kind of explains his apalling hearing though.... sometimes, I'm sure I might as well be talking to myself....

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Four days! That's a pretty crappy jet you were on ...

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Flying back from Saudi after the GW wasn't a problem, flew back in a Hercules via Cyprus and Gibraltar - 4 days! Jet Lag? What f**king Jet Lag
    Of course there's no jet lag with a Hercules. It is not a jet - it's got propellers!

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Stay up till about 9 then start drinking hard
    The drink induced sleep and hang over tomorrow will have you feeling back to normal by lunch time tomorrow
    WHS. Tried and trusted method.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I used to have painful hearing sometimes after flying from east to west. However, in my case it was ex-Mrs HAB giving me an ear-bashing for getting rat-arsed drunk on Krug all the way from the first class lounge at Heathrow fourteen hours earlier.
    Not flown in a Herc, have you? They're a tiny bit noisy

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Flying back from Saudi after the GW wasn't a problem, flew back in a Hercules via Cyprus and Gibraltar - 4 days! Jet Lag? What f**king Jet Lag - mind you my hearing was f**ked!
    I used to have painful hearing sometimes after flying from east to west. However, in my case it was ex-Mrs HAB giving me an ear-bashing for getting rat-arsed drunk on Krug all the way from the first class lounge at Heathrow fourteen hours earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    West to East I'm fine.

East to West I wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning.

Flying back from Saudi after the GW wasn't a problem, flew back in a Hercules via Cyprus and Gibraltar - 4 days! Jet Lag? What f**king Jet Lag - mind you my hearing was f**ked!
    You got the Herc back as well? I had that too - stuck at Akrotiri doing f*** all waiting for the next flight out back to Lyneham or Brize. Ended up working in the med centre at Akrotiri I was *that* bored.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sorry - spotted that and corrected it.
    West to East I'm fine.

East to West I wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Eh?
    Sorry - spotted that and corrected it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Going west, I used to stay up as late as I could manage it. Literally until I would drop. Then have a good sleep. Within a day or two I'd sync with local time (-5 or -6 hrs difference).

However, I never did find a good way going from east to west.
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Going west, I used to stay up as late as I could manage it. Literally until I would drop. Then have a good sleep. Within a day or two I'd sync with local time (-5 or -6 hrs difference).

However, I never did find a good way going from west to east.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Got back from Malaysia this afternoon: left Sunday afternoon (insert obvious "wtf!?" here).

Am feeling jet lagged like there's no tomorrow - anyone got any tips? I want to have a reasonable nights sleep tonight so not planning to go to bed until "normal" time if I can avoid it!
    Go to the pub, leave at last orders, get larrupped and then sleep for as long as you need to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X