• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Just keep working

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just keep working"

Collapse

• singhr
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    And they live longer!
    Not if you feed them the right mushrooms

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    George Osborne will raise the men's pension age from 65 to 66, in 2016.

I'm 58. Remind me again why I should vote Tory.
    Now it's clearer. The IMF said "jump" 5 days ago.

Telegraph: IMF says UK must reform pensions.

Published: 9:27PM BST 01 Oct 2009

In an unusual intervention, the IMF yesterday urged the next British government to put a knife to the UK's long-term fiscal deficit, which could extend to imposing extra charges for using the NHS and increasing the retirement age further

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Yeah and they have several years off to have babies, the lazy cows probably only do half the work a man does in a lifetime... and they want equal pay.

And they live longer!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Yeah and they have several years off to have babies, the lazy cows probably only do half the work a man does in a lifetime... and they want equal pay.

Thats the kind of response I like to see. Here have a tin hat now DUCK.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why, in these days of equality, is it that there is a different age of retirement for men and women?
    If the reasoning behind this is to save money then they should make the female retirment age the same as men.
    As statistics show that women tend to live longer it may be better to keep them in harnes (fnarr) for a little longer still.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Why, in these days of equality, is it that there is a different age of retirement for men and women?
    If the reasoning behind this is to save money then they should make the female retirment age the same as men.
    As statistics show that women tend to live longer it may be better to keep them in harnes (fnarr) for a little longer still.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Listen you'll be shafted whoever is in power.
    Just bend over and get plenty of lube - its less painful that way.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    started a topic Just keep working

Just keep working

George Osborne will raise the men's pension age from 65 to 66, in 2016.

I'm 58. Remind me again why I should vote Tory.

Working...
X