• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If Labour win, this is going to happen. An overall wealth tax. A windfall tax for people.

They will assess your overall wealth (your property equity, pension, savings, the shirt on your back). If it is above the average, it will be taken and given to those below the average until everyone is at the average.

It's only fair™
    And the LibDem's proposed "mansion tax" is one example. It taxes you based upon what you have, not what you earn.

There are quite a few people in central London that have "million pound homes", yet are on very modest disposable incomes, either because they simply don't earn much in the first place (bought years ago, now retired), or because have a huge mortgage and most of their income goes to pay it.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Are there people under 50 who listen to radio 2?
    There ain't many over 50s listening to it judging by the crap they played earlier on. The same tired songs as I remember the last time I listened to it, circa 2007.

It's all RC's fault. If he hadn't mentioned listening to it the other day I wouldn't have bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Are there people under 50 who listen to radio 2?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax"

Really?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    I hink there should be, but it should be scrapped in 6 years time.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Brown needs the money NOW. He can't wait for you to die.
    It'll be conscription to Dad's army and sending them off to Afghan next...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    There IS an over 50's wealth tax, but their children pay it when the old people die; it's called inheritance tax and if you tax people when they're alive, there'll be less tax recieved when they die.
    Brown needs the money NOW. He can't wait for you to die.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There IS an over 50's wealth tax, but their children pay it when the old people die; it's called inheritance tax and if you tax people when they're alive, there'll be less tax recieved when they die.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    If Labour win, this is going to happen. An overall wealth tax. A windfall tax for people.

They will assess your overall wealth (your property equity, pension, savings, the shirt on your back). If it is above the average, it will be taken and given to those below the average until everyone is at the average.

It's only fair™
    Except MP's of course. That's only fair™

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

It's only fair™

Leave a comment:

• Some joker on Radio 2 claims there should be an over 50s wealth tax

Tune in about now and cry/weep/laugh.

They've just read a letter fro a 23 year old blaming unaffordable house prices and unemployment on the generation of over 50s.

Oh, he thinks our pensions are safe

I suppose I could have written that myself when Thatcher was in power

Working...
X