• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stock market to crash this week?"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    With Jonah Brown's luck...
    You make your own luck.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    The only way the market will crash more than 10% is if some dastardly villain builds a sort of "Noah's Ark" space station to house his chosen master race, while encircling the planet with a deadly necklace of nerve gas capsules to wipe out human life.

And even then Gordon Brown could fly up in an (Indian) space shuttle and shoot them all down, the last one just seconds from entering the Earth's atmosphere.
    Thats just silly - why use the Shuttle when we have the International Space Station in orbit and ready to intercept the Ark ?

You Silly boys in suits ...

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    The only way the market will crash more than 10% is if some dastardly villain builds a sort of "Noah's Ark" space station to house his chosen master race, while encircling the planet with a deadly necklace of nerve gas capsules to wipe out human life.

And even then Gordon Brown could fly up in an (Indian) space shuttle and shoot them all down, the last one just seconds from entering the Earth's atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    An explanation from Roger Moore: http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009...-equity-rally/

"Moonraker Fund Management, the independent investment boutique, is concerned that banks may have been using their bailout money to buy equities, helping to fuel a rally that is vulnerable to a major correction if they consequently sell in thinly traded markets."

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...
    on Saturday !?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Only a couple of days until the start of the Labour Conference on 27th Sept.

With Jonah Brown's luck, the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...
    Mmmmmmm, now there is an idea.

Not the 26 but the day of his speech to conference (whenever that is). We could do the same as we did to him on the opening of SETS. Linky

It began when Britain's Treasury chief, Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, started the session by ceremoniously punching a button.

Computer screens behind Brown lit up bright red, a sign that prices were falling.
    If the market went down a LOT on the same day it would bump him off the top of the news.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Only a couple of days until the start of the Labour Conference on 27th Sept.

With Jonah Brown's luck, the FTSE and/or pound will plunge on the 26th ...

Leave a comment:

• dozer
    replied
    it doesnt look good, lack of confidence could be enough to derail the recovery, reflected in the sharp downturn in the ftse today, probably in response to the federal reserve negative comments.

lets hope she stays afloat, on the plus side its a good time for bargains.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    I'm not even going to answer that stupid sweeping comment

Definition of a chartist: someone with a very large overdraft indeed.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Technical level hitting is BS. CHartists are losers .
    I'm not even going to answer that stupid sweeping comment

The market could drop soon but I think it will only be a correction to the March - present quick rise that caught many people with their trousers/skirts down, not a crash down to new lows. Or even if that did happen I think a very quick rebound will happen again to near current levels, the market isn`t going south for the long term (IMO of course).

There`s some good money to be made over the coming few years methinks
    Correction to March levels is fine by me. I have a put option on the FTSE march levels. So I'm happy whether its a crash or "W" shaped recovery.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 24 September 2009, 15:42.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    WHS for a change. Using my own analysis methods:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-october.html

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied

The market could drop soon but I think it will only be a correction to the March - present quick rise that caught many people with their trousers/skirts down, not a crash down to new lows. Or even if that did happen I think a very quick rebound will happen again to near current levels, the market isn`t going south for the long term (IMO of course).

There`s some good money to be made over the coming few years methinks

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I know what you mean; it's got that 'feel' about it.

Don't have CNBC here only Bloomberg. I wouldn't watch it anyway. Cramer is entertaining sometimes, but he is a complete arse.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    started a topic Stock market to crash this week?

Stock market to crash this week?

The signs are there.

Key technical levels on FTSE and Dow have been hit.

G20 meeting this week. How many more rabbits can they pull out of a hat?

CNBC and general media talking up the market like there's no tomorrow. Quote from CNBC this week "close your eyes and hold your nose, and buy stocks".
    As the saying goes, when even taxi drivers are buying stocks, you know its time to sell.

Working...
X