• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomedy Boom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomedy Boom"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    - 1 to 1's
    - Touchy Feely
    - Hitting the right buttons
    - Getting stiffed!

Where do I sign up
    With the local brothel

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    yep,

I try and avoid one to ones

as for IR35, the contract has been worded in accordance so that I don't get stiffed (and yes it was checked, as are all my contracts).
    - 1 to 1's
    - Touchy Feely
    - Hitting the right buttons
    - Getting stiffed!

Where do I sign up

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ewwwww!!!!!

God that sounds awful!!!!!
    yep,

I try and avoid one to ones

as for IR35, the contract has been worded in accordance so that I don't get stiffed (and yes it was checked, as are all my contracts).

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I tell you all about it on wednesday.

the pimp (who doesn't like to be called a pimp) gives an incentive bonus for projects delivered on time etc.. etc..
    they're a small agency (set up by an ex contractor) who call the contractors "associates" (twee, i know) and have one to ones with us and the clients and if we're hitting the right buttons we get bonuses.

It's a very touchy feely thing
    Ewwwww!!!!!

God that sounds awful!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

the pimp (who doesn't like to be called a pimp) gives an incentive bonus for projects delivered on time etc.. etc..
    they're a small agency (set up by an ex contractor) who call the contractors "associates" (twee, i know) and have one to ones with us and the clients and if we're hitting the right buttons we get bonuses.

Does not sound good from an IR35 perspective. I much prefer the incentive that if I don't deliver I get the boot. Wouldn't want a touchy feely agent unless she was a good looking agentess.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied

Well Done, roll on that "incentive" eh?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    congrats

and good luck with your next 121

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    congratulations

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    That much was clear when we met

(and hopefully it won't be forever )

If you've got Outlook, set up a daily task reminding you to think of the money
    that i will, when mr Nor gets off the permie bench then I'm outta here (cleint co and fingers crossed the uk)

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    WMS!

Tell us more!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    What is this incentive bonus of which you speak?
    WMS!

Tell us more!!!

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Half hourly, with a total so far for the day

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    What is this incentive bonus of which you speak?
    A pot of the finest hair gel.

BTW, congrats norrahe.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I thought Jobserve alerts were booming until I looked at them - all permie, despite my filter being contract. Permie market seems to be booming though.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    now i just have to keep reminding myself daily to think of the money

I love my job

Leave a comment:

Working...
X