• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: hotel budget

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "hotel budget"

Collapse

• dang65
    replied
    I have exactly this set up at the moment - 3 days work at client, 2 days work at home = 2 nights in a hotel each week. I tend to go onto booking websites at the last minute (i.e. Sunday afternoon usually) and get the best room available for about 70 euro p/night. That's usually good for a four star hotel where I'm working at the moment. There are lots of hotels here as they have a gigantic conference/exhibition centre in town, but it's only fully booked on a handful of weeks each year.

Sometimes I have to pay more, but I don't think I've ever gone over 100 euro for a night. I try different places all the time as well, for a bit of variety. Only found one perfect hotel so far, but that one doesn't tend to have last minute spaces very often so it's a rare treat.

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Please invite us

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if I were staying away for 2 nights a week and earning around £2.5k in the same period, what would your budget be?
    Your Budget should be:-

£70 a night + 21 + 5 a day tax deductable
    £1000 to invite us out for a few beers and a curry.

We are looking forward to your invite.

BS

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    £100-120 is do-able on a Mon-Fri basis in London so you could splash out a little if it`s just two days a week for the extra comfort. If it`s definatley the same two days a week for x period of time you could try negotiating the price lower also.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Hypothetically speaking, if I were staying away for 2 nights a week and earning around £2.5k in the same period, what would your budget be?
    I don't really think about the price, just look for the best price 4*-5*

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    3 days on the client's site the rest in my own office.
    If you can load the cost to the client, £200 a night. If you can't, whatever you're comfortable with...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    £2.5k for two nights work? Is your new gig becoming a high-class call girl?
    3 days a week on the client's site the rest in my own office.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Caravan. No wonder I can't get a gig when you keep undercutting me.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    £2.5k for two nights work? Is your new gig becoming a high-class call girl?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic hotel budget

hotel budget

Working...
X