• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Your expert marketing opinion, please"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    The BCS was infiltrated by the government some time back.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    First two pages I look at show blokes with beards.

So that's not going to help their image much then!

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    When I think of the BCS I think of beards with food stuck in them.
    and sandals worn with socks.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by mace View Post
    BCS HQ is in Swindon, ffs!
    DimPrawn has been exposed as a chutney-bearded fat bloke with sweat rings in his polyester shirt and 'MBCS' after his name. All this time he's been creaming off the membership fees to acquire his mythical millions.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    BCS HQ is in Swindon, ffs!

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    chutney?
    Chutney, biscuit crumbs, bits of sandwich, all necessary beard components before your BCS membership is approved.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    chutney?

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    BCS - Why join?

http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=nav.5781

Convincing argument, isn't it....not.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by mace View Post
    Look's like another organisation which is ashamed to admit, it's British.

What is the point of BCS? I've never worked with anybody whose admitted being a member of this society and have definitely never met a manager who is. All of the 'professions' have laws and influence to protect their interests. The PCG is much more vocal than BCS. When I think of BCS, I think of the OU.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    Look's like another organisation which is ashamed to admit, it's British.

What is the point of BCS? I've never worked with anybody whose admitted being a member of this society and have definitely never met a manager who is. All of the 'professions' have laws and influence to protect their interests. The PCG is much more vocal than BCS. When I think of BCS, I think of the OU.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'd even have had a shave.
    B is for British Computer Society. Nothing to do with Brazilians.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Does the new British Computer Society logo look like zeitghost's bum with a white 'bcs' tramp stamp?
    No, but the bloke in the first photo looks like a chimp's arse.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Does the new British Computer Society logo look like zeitghost's bum with a white 'bcs' tramp stamp?
    They missed a trick there - it really should have been me in the banner. I'd even have had a shave.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    started a topic Your expert marketing opinion, please

Your expert marketing opinion, please

Working...
X