• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This made me laugh..."

Collapse

• rhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'll get ye cloak.
    Now THATS humour!!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Aaaaarrrrr Zeity me lad - it be the plank for you. I'll get ye cloak.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Which comment are we looking for?
    Whilst I entirely agree that every manor house should have a clock in the hall, I must point out to you that longcase (grandfather) clocks are amazingly reliable, and they do NOT cime- they strike (on a bell!) Jill Hadfield. Past President of the British Horological Institute, and wife of George, who has been selling such clocks since 1966!
    JILL HADFIELD
    on September 19, 2009
    at 06:01 PM

I can almost hear her voice!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Scored 39/50 here at Moorfield Towers - does that make me a toff?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I bet sadguru has the full list. Or will claim to anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Which comment are we looking for?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I've stayed in that house - but it had stables attached too. The lady who owned it was the most wonderful nut job and had lots of point-to-point trophies. She was about 80 and hunted regularly (on horseback), also drank like a fish and smoked like a trooper.
    A very comfortable and welcoming house

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    LOL! And Brabinger!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    especially the comment from 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells' at the bottom

Do you live in a manor house? you'll be needing these...
    I've lived in that manor house

Only thing missing was the pair of Labradors.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    started a topic This made me laugh...

This made me laugh...

especially the comment from 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells' at the bottom

Do you live in a manor house? you'll be needing these...

Working...
X