• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Other places to live?"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    It would be Mallorca for me if the property was cheaper.

Very low crime rate, excellent infrastructure and communications. Guaranteed sunshine.

Luckily all the lobster-red Brits only visit a tiny section of the island, the rest of it is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by ookook View Post
    Well I dont spend all day every day meticulously watching every new post to comment on
    Maybe this is just a site full of right wing media driven sterotypes after all then

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Congratulations on your first use of the I've leaving this country but where should I go ? template. Be careful it's getting a bit old and knackered now.

Well I dont spend all day every day meticulously watching every new post to comment on

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    IIRC Canada is easier to get into than Aus/NZ, shorter flights for the relatives too.

I'd go but the misses wants to stay for family reasons, I just hope we have the means to do it sometime in the future for my daughters sake as the future looks bleak for the UK.

A little island between Vancouver and Seattle would be nice, I'd need a power boat for work mind.
    Another vote for Canada here. I am in the same situation, I would go tomorrow but wife won't coz of family. :-(

I have a brother in Alberta (Edmonton) and we go every other year and we all love it there. Though I quite like the idea of an island off the cost of Vancouver too!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Since this country is fooked and all civil liberties gradually disappearing. plus the fact i'm young(ish) - What countries are worth moving too given:

Not too bothered about money;

Like outdoors

Like sports

Low crime
    Congratulations on your first use of the I've leaving this country but where should I go ? template. Be careful it's getting a bit old and knackered now.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    The whole of Baghdad will look like the Garden of Eden by the time the elite here have finished asset stripping the UK and moved on.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And that applies to any country you can name. I bet Baghdad has a nice bit.
    Yeah, it's called the Green Zone.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Spain. Not saying there's no crime - there are assorted eastern european mafiosi out here - but you never seem to come across Baby P / old ladies getting mugged type stories in the news here.

Leave a comment:

• mace
    replied
    bermuda

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Cheers all, I like the sound of Singapore, plus Canada.. Been to Oz and it was a bit hot - although i was going up the east coast. NZ great scenery as well..

Will give me something to contemplate while this place slowly slips away..
    If Oz was too hot, then Singapore will probably be.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    If one were to go to Australia, what's to stop one from staying there indefinitely? Claiming amnesia when they catch you and ask you where you came from and not believing your story about losing your passport, etc?
    They have exit controls, if you ever wanted to come back you'd be a bit screwed.

When you leave, they ban you from coming back for as long as you've overstayed (if it's significant).

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If one were to go to Australia, what's to stop one from staying there indefinitely? Claiming amnesia when they catch you and ask you where you came from and not believing your story about losing your passport, etc?

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    Cheers all, I like the sound of Singapore, plus Canada.. Been to Oz and it was a bit hot - although i was going up the east coast. NZ great scenery as well..

Will give me something to contemplate while this place slowly slips away..

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Evene Swindon has a nice bit. Its a bit of lawn about a foot square outside the council offices.
    You count the bit where DimPrawn sleeps as the nice bit?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I bet Swindon has a nic..

Well maybe not.
    Evene Swindon has a nice bit. Its a bit of lawn about a foot square outside the council offices.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X