• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone else be called by agency..."

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I've seen roles advertised at this rate for jobs that usually command a better rate so that there is justification for a Bob Shawadiwadi

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
    Interesting. I had a call from an Indian guy asking if I'd be interested in a 6 month PM role in Spain (Oh Yes !!) - Asked about company, location, rate etc. and he couldn't give me any info whatsoever - told him to email me his contact details and that was that ! Thought it was dodgy at the time and no mail ever arrived - Wonder what's going on with people of the Indian persuasion ??
    They could be training, maybe S3 are moving off-shore.

Leave a comment:

• rabiddog
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    based in Maidenhead? The agent has a very strong Indian accent. So strong it was a struggle to understand and called off a mobile. It was strange as they started off with "we have a company wanting a PM and as the market is so bad they will only pay £175 a day". I then asked which agency he was calling from which I couldn't understand. I just gave up on the call as it was too difficult.

Really curious now as it just seemed a bit dodgy.
    Interesting. I had a call from an Indian guy asking if I'd be interested in a 6 month PM role in Spain (Oh Yes !!) - Asked about company, location, rate etc. and he couldn't give me any info whatsoever - told him to email me his contact details and that was that ! Thought it was dodgy at the time and no mail ever arrived - Wonder what's going on with people of the Indian persuasion ??

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    expect alot of this

With the news today on legislation that all companies must advertise for 1 month [wooope do] before roles can be given to those outside of EU - its only going to get worse

I had a call around 8pm few tuesdays back - same thing - mobile number, doesnt introduce themselves, and says they have a role paying upto "insert pittance here"
    Ridiculous!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Liability
    replied
    expect alot of this

With the news today on legislation that all companies must advertise for 1 month [wooope do] before roles can be given to those outside of EU - its only going to get worse

I had a call around 8pm few tuesdays back - same thing - mobile number, doesnt introduce themselves, and says they have a role paying upto "insert pittance here"

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Sounds about right.

I would be better off taking a permanent role tbh. I have told myself to keep dropping my rate each week and be as flexible as possible but am not at the stage where I am that flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    It's probably another client who doesn't understand contracting. They need a PM, the agent asked what daily rate they would pay. Client manager thinks "Daily rate? Well, normally we'd pay 45k for a PM and 175 * 5 * 52 = 45,500 so that seems fair.". The agent may well have told them that wouldn't be enough but what can they do?

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I stated the lowest I would go and that was that. I guess if it was something dodgy now I think about it they would offer something more lucrative than £175 a day. Hey ho!

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    PM@175/day? I'd have suggested that he GTF.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    started a topic Anyone else be called by agency...

Anyone else be called by agency...

based in Maidenhead? The agent has a very strong Indian accent. So strong it was a struggle to understand and called off a mobile. It was strange as they started off with "we have a company wanting a PM and as the market is so bad they will only pay £175 a day". I then asked which agency he was calling from which I couldn't understand. I just gave up on the call as it was too difficult.

Really curious now as it just seemed a bit dodgy.

Working...
X