• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommend a place to buy decent office chair?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    best office chairs I've used on contracts have been:

http://www.kinnarps.com/en/uk/Produc...ce/DeskChairs/

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    It has to be a Herman Miller. My choice is the cheaper Mirra (£450ish inc VAT) and you can get the your ltd to buy it.
    If you buy it new you will be able to pimp it with all the knobs and colours you want.
    Last edited by crack_ho; 7 September 2009, 09:09.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    http://www.posturite.co.uk/Posturite...fice%20Chairs/

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    ikea

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've got an Aeron. I bought it brand new off eBay 2 years ago for £325. Best office chair I've had - having a new one at home is a marked difference from the clapped out ones we use at work.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I quite fancy one of those too - they can be had second hand in good condition for around £250 I believe.
    So there are!
    Nice one VF

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    IMy ideal chair (and have used before) would be an Aeron chair, but then I saw the £600 price tag
    I quite fancy one of those too - they can be had second hand in good condition for around £250 I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Look for a second hand office furniture warehouse. I found one in the mid-90s when I was setting up a home office and they had everything from filing cabinets to board room tables. Everything from worn out tat to top quality too.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Some suggestions:

eBay - For ex-office chairs

Search Google for local firms who do office clearouts

Auctions - I once went to an auction of equipment of a firm who went into liquidation.
    They were selling everything including office furniture - I missed out an an extremely stylish and expensive office chair and still kick myself about it today.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Got mine from a junk shop (more of a shed really) off Brick Lane that had loads of office stuff. £20 I think. High back, arm, etc.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    started a topic Recommend a place to buy decent office chair?

Recommend a place to buy decent office chair?

I've bought my home office chairs from Office world and Staples over the years and they generally die on me after 12 months or so. The build quality of my current one is so poor that the back has actually fallen off due to the metal twisting as I lean back

Its now time for proper investment in something solid and ergonomic like my client co's have. Only problem is where to buy just one at a good price?

My ideal chair (and have used before) would be an Aeron chair, but then I saw the £600 price tag

Any recommendations?

Working...
X