• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B - comments please"

Collapse

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    And guys don't forget its not just your slides we do, but your parents and grandparents!
    I hope there are some missing apostrophes there

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Torran View Post
    Great idea. I will be sending you an order in a couple of weeks.
    wonderful ! Don't forget to mention ContractorUK to get 10% cash back.

And guys don't forget its not just your slides we do, but your parents and grandparents! Think about getting theirs done as a christmas suprise....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Good to see Gooner the Entrepreneur is still going strong! Nice idea this one.

You still doing the property thing too?
    Hi mate, thanks! & yes still doing the property things too....

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Great idea. I will be sending you an order in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    nice one gooner! it all looks very professional. wishing you commercial success with it...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Good to see Gooner the Entrepreneur is still going strong! Nice idea this one.

You still doing the property thing too?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    well its going strong at the moment, week on week we're getting more sales, starting today we've got 32,000 leaflets going out. On the 15th is a magazine advert.....so lets see how that pans out!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    Hi All,

I know I'm opening myself up to criticism, I've a plan B (link below) and would like comments please. Good or Bad.

I've an issue with the form submission as I'd like it to email me when a user fills it in, as at the moment they just print it off. (Question asked about this in the Tech section)

Here is the web site

www.easyslidescanning.co.uk

Thanks !!!
    Good one. You could also add a retouching service to remove scratches etc. There's good money in that too.

Leave a comment:

• fatsuperman
    replied
    Hi Gooner,

Interesting stuff! Please keep us updated on how it's going - I like your plan B. My plan A is to run my own little co like this (I'm currently on plan B, building a bit of capital to start A )

Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    great idea and website
    good luck I hope it works out for you

how about link to your site from an ebay add? for image/film resoration
    good idea !!

Getting fedup with stuffing letters at the mo !!!!

Leave a comment:

• badgerpig
    replied
    great idea and website
    good luck I hope it works out for you

how about link to your site from an ebay add? for image/film resoration

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    the idea of grabbing my share of any profits
    call it sub-contracting work out, or extending the radius of your businesses reach

Leave a comment:

• cupidstunt
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

Havent got the time to start up another business right now as baby due in week and a half but i love your idea.
    the idea of grabbing my share of any profits

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    If you can hit up the libraries etc (as suggested above) then you are made matey, you wont need any more suggestions. Do the decent thing by whoever suggested it.
    Make sure you have the staff and equipment if you start marketting to that lot though, you could end up swamped.

Thats right, dont forget me

Hey - what if i advertise locally in my area and sub the work out to you through me will you give me a decent rate?

U scratch my back i'll scratch yours

Havent got the time to start up another business right now as baby due in week and a half but i love your idea.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Website looks nice but could do with more images that are representative of peoples holiday snaps perhaps. Format is a bit narrow.

Having done a fair bit of neg/slide scanning myself, it's hugely labour intensive. Removing all the dust and crap from old film stock is a nightmare and people will likely complain if they see their images with lots of dust specks.

Will you be doing this personally or getting someone else to do it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X