• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Simon Cowells slimy wink"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    See.

Incidentally I believe the word comes from the French "Beard to tail" meaning to cook the whole animal from beard to tail.
    This is what the OED (septic version) says:

ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Spanish barbacoa, perhaps from Arawak barbacoa ‘wooden frame on posts.’ The original sense was [wooden framework for sleeping on, or for storing meat or fish to be dried.]

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Managed to spell 'barbecue' with a 'q'.

It's not looking good.
    See.

Incidentally I believe the word comes from the French "Beard to tail" meaning to cook the whole animal from beard to tail.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Driving an 06 Fiesta. Went to a barbeque in a football shirt.
    Managed to spell 'barbecue' with a 'q'.

It's not looking good.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Takes more than watching X Factor to turn you into a chav, got anything else to confess?
    Driving an 06 Fiesta. Went to a barbeque in a football shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Thank God he hasn't contributed to the gene pool

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Simon Cowells slimy wink
    Sometimes the euphemisms used on this board can lead to mind boggling ambiguities

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Try to keep up at the back.
    Takes more than watching X Factor to turn you into a chav, got anything else to confess?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Why are you watching that tulipe in the first place?
    Originally posted by suityou01
    I'm turning into a chav.
    Try to keep up at the back.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    When he takes a shine to someone as gives them the final "Yes" on the X-Factor, he does it with this really slimy f****** wink. Gets me shouting at the telly every time. I'm turning into a chav.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Simon Cowells slimy wink

Simon Cowells slimy wink

When he takes a shine to someone as gives them the final "Yes" on the X-Factor, he does it with this really slimy f****** wink. Gets me shouting at the telly every time. I'm turning into a chav.

Working...
X