• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chavs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chavs"

Collapse

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    (?) indeed, but close. It was Roosevelt.
    Eisenhower said "You don't lead by hitting people over the head: that's assault, not leadership."
    .. or as my former Sergeant said ... "Shoot first, and if anyone asks any questions, shoot them as well"

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    True, but I'm a pacifist. As Eisenhower(?) said "Speak softly, and carry a large stick". I'm 6ft1 and reasonably well built (=the stick).
    (?) indeed, but close. It was Roosevelt.
    Eisenhower said "You don't lead by hitting people over the head: that's assault, not leadership."

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    True, but I'm a pacifist. As Eisenhower(?) said "Speak softly, and carry a large stick". I'm 6ft1 and reasonably well built (=the stick).
    Shortarse!

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am sure they were all budding policemen.....
    Very possible. They were certainly ***** with a big enough, false enough view of their own self-importance.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    So you were rude to a bunch of kids who were probably about to warn you about using expensive mobile devices in a rough area... you nasty man.

I am sure they were all budding policemen.....

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Quite. Chavs are the ones with tattoos, aren't they?
    No!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Chavs don't use skateboards, I think you have your youth stereotypes mixed up
    Quite. Chavs are the ones with tattoos, aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    If you are a pacifist why use language like that? Really aggressive and dangerous (and actually, almost certainly unnecessary)
    Unless I have this totally wrong there are 6 people who are scaring you and .. er .. one of you (6ft1 or not)? Why wind them up?
    Been in dodgy situations. Avoided serious injuries. Talk if you don't want your jaw broken - or worse (Zip - no ninja 5ft4)

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Nonsense.

Aggressive would have been offing him & his mates with one's Desert Eagle in 50AE.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    A better answer would have been "yes, the previous owner is decomposing in my basement"
    "Have the Burberry cap you are wearing ever been stolen ?"

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Chavs don't use skateboards, I think you have your youth stereotypes mixed up as these were most probably 'skater dudes' who are generally harmless.

So you were rude to a bunch of kids who were probably about to warn you about using expensive mobile devices in a rough area... you nasty man.
    Aww, the ******* diddums.

These skater tw@s weren't particularly cute and a lot more aggressive than I'd normally expect.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    ...carrying on from the last posting.

On the way home sur le Tube a chav on a skateboard surrounded by his mates asked me if the Blackberry I was using had ever been stolen to which my answer (which admittedly may have taken him aback somewhat) was:

"No, and it's not being nicked today by you and your mates, clear, ****tard?"

Chavs don't use skateboards, I think you have your youth stereotypes mixed up as these were most probably 'skater dudes' who are generally harmless.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Nonsense.

Aggressive would have been offing him & his mates with one's Desert Eagle in 50AE.
    I'm buggered if I'm taking self defence tips from a bloke with kipper ties

Leave a comment:

• Torran
    replied
    Clear case of tuliping it Mugged off skateboarders? The shame ...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    ...carrying on from the last posting.

On the way home sur le Tube a chav on a skateboard surrounded by his mates asked me if the Blackberry I was using had ever been stolen to which my answer (which admittedly may have taken him aback somewhat) was:

"No, and it's not being nicked today by you and your mates, clear, ****tard?"

Possibly a tad aggressive Menelaus. Or iz u well 'ard? Have found if you actually talk to 'dodgy' characters they are OK (prob easier if pissed).

One too many asterisks btw

Leave a comment:

Working...
X