• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit Crunch ™ is over"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Do governments ever take money out of circulation and destroy it, without replacing it?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    .. And how come the govt can print money, but when I enterprisingly follow their example it's an offence? How's that for double standards?
    Exactly - Why can't they just publish the PDFs and let *us* print money?

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Also in Japan the population tend to save. In the UK we just spend spend spend on drink, fags, tattoos, .....
    Just as well too - have you not heard of the paradox of thrift?

If easy credit meant the good times kept going why can't we just all decide that out house is worth 1.5 x what it's 'supposedly' worth now, then the banks balance sheets will automatically be in the black, and they can go on lending and the good times will return?

And how come the govt can print money, but when I enterprisingly follow their example it's an offence? How's that for double standards?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    WHS

QE takes 6 months or so to really bite. Mid march saw QE (17th IIRC) so on or around 17/9?
    Is that the anniversary of Lehmans going bust?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Next month sees the start of Hyper ™ Inflation ! Should be fun!
    WHS

QE takes 6 months or so to really bite. Mid march saw QE (17th IIRC) so on or around 17/9?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Are you talking about chavs?
    Do we have anyone else in this country?

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Don't be so bigoted.

If someone wants to draw all over themselves like a big kid then surely that's their business?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The major benefit of the Tories will be that they will take tough decisions on public spending and pensions that Labour have failed to do.

Unfortunately the men in grey suits have forbidden the Torys to make those public spending cuts that would have the greatest impact - cancellation of the Trident upgrade , withdrawl from Afghanistan as these are against vested US interests.

So all they can promise is Austerity - massive public job cuts - lower standards of living - hospital and school closures - therefore the electorate will continue to vote Labour .

Better the Devil you know ...

As the economic recovery gathers pace - the only hope the Torys have is that the SNP will destroy Labours bedrock support in Scotland thereby causing Labour to come second in the English Parliament- altough they will have to politcally cede Scotland to the SNP.

Vote Labour and wiin an Iphone
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 20 August 2009, 11:14.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Also in Japan the population tend to save. In the UK we just spend spend spend on drink, fags, tattoos, .....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, I believe they actually make things in Japan.

I can't remember the English word for this .. manufac ... something?

Oh well I don't suppose it's a word we'll need again.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Japan's economy is totally different to the UK's.
    Yes, I believe they actually make things in Japan.

I can't remember the English word for this .. manufac ... something?

Oh well I don't suppose it's a word we'll need again.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Can low interest rates be sustained in times of high inflation?
    Why not? Who cares as long a houses are rising in price.

Let inflation rip through and destroy all debt.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Can low interest rates be sustained in times of high inflation?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I reckon there's still a house price correction due. When interest rates start to rise a lot of people will feel the pain.
    But interest rates aren't going to ever rise again. Because raising interest rates will pop the bubble and Labour will never let the bubble pop.

And house prices are going to rocket. They will never fall.

Buy into BTL now.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I reckon there's still a house price correction due. When interest rates start to rise a lot of people will feel the pain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X