• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Most boring place in the world ..."

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Used to live in a small town in West Berkshire - the one where some guy became so bored he went barkers back in the 80`s and decided to go hunting......people.
    Pretty place but boring, Swindon to the West and scummy Newbury to the East.
    The lights darkened as the talk turned to Swindon ....

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I'm rather good on the banjo?
    You are on here almost as much as me

Oh wait ..

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    It explains an awful lot ....
    I'm rather good on the banjo?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Yeah, just the one. And I live there.
    It explains an awful lot ....

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Used to live in a small town in West Berkshire - the one where some guy became so bored he went barkers back in the 80`s and decided to go hunting......people.
    Pretty place but boring, Swindon to the West and scummy Newbury to the East.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Ever had a 'night out' in Reddich? I have
    Yeah, just the one. And I live there.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Bristol.

If I had to live in a big city in the UK, I'd choose Bristol every time. Always loads going on, grenn spaces, nice architecture etc. Having said that, I've never actually lived there.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Bristol.
    ... is a strong contender. Agreed

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Bristol.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Which reminds me - I really must visit Canada I have quite a few relatives over there - one hears nothing but good things about Canada .
    Everyone I speak to think I'm quite a loon to move over here. I'm beginning to believe them.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Vancouver winters are as mild as here! and Toronto winters are milders than most of Canada...Toronto usually doesn;t have any snow on the ground whereas other parts - Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg have 100's of cm of snow. I know I used to live in Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg.

Winnipeg BTW has temperatures ranging from -43C to +35C and Ottawa is commonly know as the coldest capital in the world. colder than Moscow. But its still one of the best cities on the planet.

Which reminds me - I really must visit Canada I have quite a few relatives over there - one hears nothing but good things about Canada .

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    There you go, I suppose that shows everything is subjective.

I know you can't adequately judge places based on holiday experiences but I found Vancouver dull but felt right at home in Toronto.

I wouldn't want to be in either during the winter though.
    Vancouver winters are as mild as here! and Toronto winters are milders than most of Canada...Toronto usually doesn;t have any snow on the ground whereas other parts - Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg have 100's of cm of snow. I know I used to live in Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg.

Winnipeg BTW has temperatures ranging from -43C to +35C and Ottawa is commonly know as the coldest capital in the world. colder than Moscow. But its still one of the best cities on the planet.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This from the Swindon man so dull and deluded that he thinks driving a pimped up Beemer makers him interesting

Sure it's a bit more exciting now Chetty and Swastika are in town....

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    What are the chances that started and ended with a tour of the bus station?
    The one with the award winning postcard?

You could always nip round to Jacqui's house and go through her husbands video collection and have a pot noodle.

I did a contract there about 20 years ago - fraking hated the place.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Interesting how one of the most boring people in the world (sasguru) is always posting about the most boring place in the world.

I suspect the most boring place in the world is being in a room with sasguru.

This from the Swindon man so dull and deluded that he thinks driving a pimped up Beemer makers him interesting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X