• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New to this...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New to this..."

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    nore I, was there not some chat a while ago about displying IP addressing, it would help to stop the trolls.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Alright, 'fess up - who's this?

It's not i, Mr Box sir (bit of a coincidence though don't you think?)

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by cdgregory
    Thanks for the advice.

One more thing. I understand there are companys that get you around IR35, are these classed as umbrella firms or are they a different beast. What I ideally want to do is setup as a sole trader, contact one of these companys to help with IR35, and then work via an agency. Does this sound feasable?

Thanks again
    Off shore composite mate. It's the only way to go in the current climate.

Leave a comment:

• cdgregory
    replied
    Thanks for the advice.

One more thing. I understand there are companys that get you around IR35, are these classed as umbrella firms or are they a different beast. What I ideally want to do is setup as a sole trader, contact one of these companys to help with IR35, and then work via an agency. Does this sound feasable?

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    The PCG could be useful, depends what you want to talk about.

Don't worry about IR35, it's a storm in a teacup. Just pay yourself minimum wage, divvy the rest and don't forget to send your contract to the IR for a review, thats very important.

As far as brollys are concerned, talk to an offshore composite as they are the best.

All good, sturdy advice imho, but you never heard it from me...

Last edited by ratewhore; 9 November 2005, 12:03. Reason: typo - I have standards you know!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    speak to the hand!

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Alright, 'fess up - who's this?

Leave a comment:

• cdgregory
    started a topic New to this...

New to this...

Hi

I am just leaving full time employment and would like some advice.

I have decided to contract and am unsure whether to go with an umbrella company, or start my own limited company. Which offers me the best net return and would it be easy to get around the IR35 ruling?

I have also been told about PCG, are they worth talking to?

Many Thanks in advance

CDG

Working...
X