• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who is Payload Bollington?"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    hhmmm lets see.

River Bollington is in Cheshire near Wilmslow, carrys an effluent payload from other rivers incl the Mersey, also near Wilmslow

am I close

Nearly. The River Bollin flows through Macclesfield and Wilmslow.

Bollington is a town on the River Dean, not Bollin, and is situated as you start to get up into the Peak District. It is well known for the locals to be closely related and to regularly have webbed fingers, six toes and a single eye in the middle of their forehead.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I didn't get anyone banned. I'm just enjoying the moment.

You can have a go at getting me chucked off if you like?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I've just been and checked

Payload Bollington - Banned

It has such a nice ring to it
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Yeah and my Dad's the pope. All these sockpuppets are really pissing me off - which is no doubt the idea. I was sure I'd seen that line he used about it feeling more like freedom coming to yerp in the old days and now being the reverse somewhere before, but I can't find it using search.
    Anyone else pissing you off who you can get banned?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I've just been and checked

Payload Bollington - Banned

It has such a nice ring to it

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    FFS! Does everyone have to be a sockpuppet just because they speak with a funny accent!

The guy is clearly an American. There are quite a few working here. It's not a big deal.
    Yeah and my Dad's the pope. All these sockpuppets are really pissing me off - which is no doubt the idea. I was sure I'd seen that line he used about it feeling more like freedom coming to yerp in the old days and now being the reverse somewhere before, but I can't find it using search.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    FFS! Does everyone have to be a sockpuppet just because they speak with a funny accent!

The guy is clearly an American. There are quite a few working here. It's not a big deal.
    he's on vacation in yurp with his folks!! posts here all day when he should be on the London eye!!

do keep up

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    hhmmm lets see.

River Bollington is in Cheshire near Wilmslow, carrys an effluent payload from other rivers incl the Mersey, also near Wilmslow

am I close

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Meh.

This era will be known as the dawn of the dumb. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    We did a code review of your last poll and it'd still not multiple choice.

Fail.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a poll Who is Payload Bollington?

Who is Payload Bollington?

DimPrawn
    15.38%
    sasguru
    30.77%
    CyberCretin
    23.08%
    andyW is back!
    30.77%
    Vote now ...

Working...
X