• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Limited company dorment fees"

Collapse

• westredd
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I'd rather be using a good accountant who I had confidence in to make a decent job of my final accounts.
    I take your point.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by westredd View Post
    Well. would you want to pay £400 instead of £25?
    I'd rather be using a good accountant who I had confidence in to make a decent job of my final accounts.

Leave a comment:

• westredd
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Why are you so worried about fees when the company's dormant? Are you not planning on working much?
    Well. would you want to pay £400 instead of £25?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by westredd View Post
    NW charge £37.50 + VAt per month!

Who charges £25 a year?

cheers
    Why are you so worried about fees when the company's dormant? Are you not planning on working much?

Leave a comment:

• westredd
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    25 quid a year I was quoted
    NW charge £37.50 + VAt per month!

Who charges £25 a year?

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Iron Condor
    replied
    £25 cant get much lower than that.

My accountant charges £200 for my semi dormant company, it has interest income and i take dividends from it but it doesnt trade, but it still files accounts and pays corp tax etc.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    25 quid a year I was quoted

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Dormant - not that anyone cares.
    I was just thinking that. I care.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Dormant - not that anyone cares.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    ahh I see, well that makes sense then

Leave a comment:

• westredd
    replied
    i have. im asking the community here what they have been charged or what they would expect so I can judge the quote i have been given. I dont have a comnpany yet and am deciding if its worth starting one doing or not as I it will be dorment sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    call it a crazy idea but why not email your accountant you have with the company before you make it dormant and ask?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    NW charge half fees.

Leave a comment:

• westredd
    started a topic Limited company dorment fees

Limited company dorment fees

If you haave a limited company and you want to leave it dorment a while, what sort of fees would you expect to be charged by the accounant to undertake file returns and reports during this period? I think it should be something less than normal charge for an active company right?

thanks

Working...
X