• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bollocks. Celtic vs Arsenal in Champions League"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Celtic have actualy won the thing you know unlike Arsenal.
    In '67 wasn't it... Presumably Notts Forrest (who won it twice more recently) would walk all over Celtic then...

Seriously, Arsenal are probably one of the tougher teams still left in the play-off draw, but showed themselves to be very beatable last year. However, if Arsene has sorted it out over the summer, then it won't be pretty for the hoops.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Oi! <- were it not for the fact that I'm sure you'd like it too much
    And we're off

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    so thats 6 men and a dog screaming?
    Oi! <- were it not for the fact that I'm sure you'd like it too much

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    WHS

(Don't know why I'm gloating...I'm an Inverness Caley Thistle fan).
    so thats 6 men and a dog screaming?

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    60,000 tims screaming at them in the first leg, they will bottle it.
    WHS

(Don't know why I'm gloating...I'm an Inverness Caley Thistle fan).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Shh. Surprise is our best weapon ...
    60,000 tims screaming at them in the first leg, they will bottle it.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

Maybe we are a small team but we gave Man U a decent challenge, put Liverpool aside, got the better of Barcelona a couple of times and had the better of AC Milan in a few games.

If Arsenal think this is an easy game well...
    Shh. Surprise is our best weapon ...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Arsenal were a last year semi finalist, a consistent top-four European team. They are not to be confused with some Scottish has-beens.

Maybe we are a small team but we gave Man U a decent challenge, put Liverpool aside, got the better of Barcelona a couple of times and had the better of AC Milan in a few games.

If Arsenal think this is an easy game well...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Could go either way. Both are small teams as far as the CL is concerned so to see either win wouldnt be a 'shock.'

Group stages is all either would be good for if they progressed.
    Arsenal were a last year semi finalist, a consistent top-four European team. They are not to be confused with some Scottish has-beens.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Could go either way. Both are small teams as far as the CL is concerned so to see either win wouldnt be a 'shock.'

It's only a matter of time until Liverpool go bust, the banks that own you do not deal in the currency of knocked off car stereos that go for hard currency round your area.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Hangover
    replied
    But Celtic are complete s**** ?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    The one team I didn't want to play.
    Not to worry, Mowbray will steer you to a memorable victory.

Which is more than he ever did for us (West Brom).

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Celtic are the team Arsenal least wanted to get.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Would have been the team I most wanted to avoid, but having drawn them we need not be too fearful. I would give Arsenal the edge, but not too clear cut an edge. We will be sharper than them having already started our season, and they have lost a couple of players over the summer so might need time to gel, time they may not have. At least we know it will be on the box anyway!
    True, but I suspect our new open and expansive way of playing will play right into arsenals hands ...

I agree with the philosophy, but equally I don't want to get battered trying to outplay arsenal at their own game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X