• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Road Trip USA after being benched"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    When I was in my early 30s I wanted to do a package trip around South America, but was warned that it would be full of OAPs, so didn't do it.

I now regret that decision. Even if don't much like wherever you end up, at least you've done it and have the memories.
    Eh?

I was talking about RV'ing across the US, not South America. I've spent 9 months travelling Latin America, don't remember too may OAP's ...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Sure lockhouse can correct me, but I got some close friends who did the same roadtrip in the US - and couldn't handle hanging out with OAP's any more after 2 months solid of it ...
    When I was in my early 30s I wanted to do a package trip around South America, but was warned that it would be full of OAPs, so didn't do it.

I now regret that decision. Even if don't much like wherever you end up, at least you've done it and have the memories.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by craig_m67 View Post
    Carefull what you do with the GF, the grass is always greener until you decide you want some company again - [b]in my experience good ones are not found, they have to find you.[/b[
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    So true!
    Wise words indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    Didn't Ewan McGregor do that in Long Way Round?
    Don't remember a girlfriend though

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'm sure I've seen that movie ..
    Didn't Ewan McGregor do that in Long Way Round?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    And I have an older brother planning on doing it in a few weeks. Him, his new girlfriend and a Harley.

Jammy bugger.
    I'm sure I've seen that movie ..

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
    A couple of friends of mine did the historic Route 66 trip from Chicago to L.A. last year on Harleys .... said it was the best holiday they ever did.
    And I have an older brother planning on doing it in a few weeks. Him, his new girlfriend and a Harley.

Jammy bugger.

Leave a comment:

• TriggerHippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Never mind the hair, have you got the gut for it?

Most Harley bikers I seen in the USA were guys in their 50's with a big gut! Frightening sight really
    A couple of friends of mine did the historic Route 66 trip from Chicago to L.A. last year on Harleys .... said it was the best holiday they ever did.

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Would love to, but I don't have the hair for it
    Never mind the hair, have you got the gut for it?

Most Harley bikers I seen in the USA were guys in their 50's with a big gut! Frightening sight really

Leave a comment:

• anakim
    replied
    I also would recommend South America - especially Ecuador - and I do agree the girls are more friendly as are the boys if you are that way inclined.
    In fact you'll probably have to fight off the boys as they love caucasian guys.
    ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh crap - he can. Run!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    ... but being a sneaky ****er can probably find out
    Oh crap - he can. Run!