• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is this blooming Chutney meme?"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I do. Desperately.

But I've got a CV-rewrite to do before I go to bed. I've found I have to do them sober.
    It's a bugger isn't it? OK hope all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Thanks Snaw, much appreciated.

However, I'm always willing to give others the benefit of the doubt and this being a forum like many others, the thought that meek IT geeks furiously posting brave comments always springs to mind.

Some people have an innate need to be ridiculed and abused, physically and/or emotionally, and I suspect that Cyberman is enacting out his submissive tendencies by using the forum to invite backlash.

The irony is that most of us are happy to oblige, so perhaps it's a symbiotic relationship anyway.

Cybergimpman...now there's food for thought....

Oh look if it isn't BGG arriving at close of play to make judgements - again.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    RC - it's going on a bit. Fancy a pint?
    I do. Desperately.

But I've got a CV-rewrite to do before I go to bed. I've found I have to do them sober.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    RC - it's going on a bit. Fancy a pint?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Snaw posted : Seriously BGG, I've met you in person, you're a nice guy - but are you mental? You're the only person on this board who defends him any more, is it your sockpuppet?

He's easily the most disliked poster I've encountered on this board, we can't all be wrong ...
    Thanks Snaw, much appreciated.

However, I'm always willing to give others the benefit of the doubt and this being a forum like many others, the thought that meek IT geeks furiously posting brave comments always springs to mind.

Some people have an innate need to be ridiculed and abused, physically and/or emotionally, and I suspect that Cyberman is enacting out his submissive tendencies by using the forum to invite backlash.

The irony is that most of us are happy to oblige, so perhaps it's a symbiotic relationship anyway.

Cybergimp...now there's food for thought....
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 5 August 2009, 18:01.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I don't get the humour in the statement about licking the chutney spoon.

Remove the word chutney, and it's a question about having seen someone lick a spoon in a restaurant, and putting it back in the jar. Which is gross.

Adding the noun "chutney" just informs the reader of the particular condiment involved.

I think a lot of people are being a bit hysterical about a simple question, and using it to their own spiteful purposes to humiliate Cyberman.

What a nice Forum this has become.
    Seriously BGG, I've met you in person, you're a nice guy - but are you mental? You're the only person on this board who defends him any more, is it your sockpuppet?

He's easily the most disliked poster I've encountered on this board, we can't all be wrong ...

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Either the Urban Dictionary or a Profanisaurus will help.
    Remove the word chutney
    and the humour goes away.

, and it's a question about having seen someone lick a spoon in a restaurant, and putting it back in the jar. Which is gross.

Adding the noun "chutney" just informs the reader of the particular condiment involved.
    Where the 'conidment' in question is akin to a chunky satay sauce.

I think a lot of people are being a bit hysterical about a simple question, and using it to their own spiteful purposes to humiliate Cyberman.
    BGG, go have a beer or six. It will all make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Do you think that was a tad harsh?
    No. It's just the image that came to mind ...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Do you think that was a tad harsh?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    ..... cybertrollop is an odious troll, worthy only to salve the pant-chafings of Anne Widdecombe with his gnarled, pustule-bespeckled tongue.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

He really doesn't need any help in that department.

Anyway - it had inherent humour-value at the time.

And I stand by the assertion that cybertrollop is an odious troll, worthy only to salve the pant-chafings of Anne Widdecombe with his gnarled, pustule-bespeckled tongue.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

Remove the word chutney, and it's a question about having seen someone lick a spoon in a restaurant, and putting it back in the jar. Which is gross.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Illegal? It's a significant source of nutrition for the male students.
    That would never have happened under the tories!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    'licking the chutney spoon'
    All of which are illegal in Brighton.
    Illegal? It's a significant source of nutrition for the male students.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    ...I thought...

'licking the chutney spoon'

was the same as

'eating salad'

or

'playing the piano'
    All of which are illegal in Brighton.

Leave a comment: